Turkey Red dots.

No mods needed. The base of both sights are the same.
Perfect, that sounds great! Thanks for the info and pics of them in the original post! I greatly appreciate it so hopefully I can get a venom slapped on quick for Turkey season!

Holocene

WKR
I've shot a 20 gauge Ithaca M37 Turkey Slayer with an Aimpoint 9000sc for the past six years. Started with Longbeard XR and now shoot mostly TSS for various reasons (mostly cause we make broths from the bones and I don't want my little kid eating lead). From 10 yards to 50+ this gun absolutely hammers. Bombproof sight. I've had one battery in it for 6 years and still going strong.

WIth the red dot, overall field of view actually feels bigger since I'm not down in the gun, and another huge benefit is that I can hand my little 20 gauge to newbies on mentored hunts and say "Put the red dot on his chin". Way easier for them than explaining how to line up beads, etc.

I'd love to try a 20 gauge autoloader with a low profile reflex sight on it.

I've shot a 20 gauge Ithaca M37 Turkey Slayer with an Aimpoint 9000sc for the past six years. Started with Longbeard XR and now shoot mostly TSS for various reasons (mostly cause we make broths from the bones and I don't want my little kid eating lead). From 10 yards to 50+ this gun absolutely hammers. Bombproof sight. I've had one battery in it for 6 years and still going strong.

WIth the red dot, overall field of view actually feels bigger since I'm not down in the gun, and another huge benefit is that I can hand my little 20 gauge to newbies on mentored hunts and say "Put the red dot on his chin". Way easier for them than explaining how to line up beads, etc.

I'd love to try a 20 gauge autoloader with a low profile reflex sight on it.
Those 20ga Ithaca Turkeyslayers are getting harder and harder to find. Great gun!

Esse quam videri

Chaser96

FNG
I highly recommend using a low profile sumtoy mount and Burris ff3 if it’s a dedicated turkey gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk