Turkey Shotguns

CJF

WKR
Mine is a 20 gauge Remington 870 youth model. Replaced the stock with a collapsible AR style stock.

Fatcamp

WKR
KIMG3733.JPG

Winchester 120 in 12 currently having a rifle sight barrel threaded for it. I sure would like one in 20. Today at Scheels I found an old Stevens 20ga SxS. They want $400. That would be such a cool turkey gun.

TOR

FNG
My wife and daughter shoot a youth 870 in 20 gauge with a cheek pad and red dot. It's hard for me to pick up my 12 gauge after using the 20. Shorter, lighter and paired with TSS its effective range is more than acceptable. Its the gun I pick up when taking new hunters as well.

mmcdonough

Lil-Rokslider
I see you have a red dot on those two, is buying a red dot worth it for turkeys, how big is the advantage? Pros, cons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn't invest in a red dot. I threw one of these high viz fiber optic sights on the end of my barrel this season and it made a huge difference over the stock sight pin. It's magnetic but it never fell off on me. Got a pretty strong hold.

My wife and daughter shoot a youth 870 in 20 gauge with a cheek pad and red dot. It's hard for me to pick up my 12 gauge after using the 20. Shorter, lighter and paired with TSS its effective range is more than acceptable. Its the gun I pick up when taking new hunters as well.

They are just so handy and a joy to carry all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk