Turkey Vest or Pack Suggestions

New to turkey hunting and have been running an Aplz Impact vest. Not sure I’m really liking it. What do you like for run and run public land style turkey hunting. Thanks for any input!

Tex68w

WKR
I keep things super light weight and simple for Turkey but we hunt private land and have preset blinds so I need very little and I can carry all of it on my person without a pack. Wish I could be of more help.

3gsd

FNG
I use the knight and hale run n gun 300. Plenty of pouches and it fits tight to the body. I also use it coyote hunting.

spc7669

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t use a vest anymore. I have a Kifaru Shape Charge with pockets on the belt. I can go wide open and it doesn’t flop around. I shoot a lot of birds in the middle of the day and do some long sits. Just works for the way I like to do it.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I prefer a vest to turkey hunt with. I couldn’t stand turkey hunting out of a backpack.

I’ve been using an old Bucklick Creek vest. That thing is perfect for me.

coyyota

WKR
Stone Glacier avail. The outer panel is handy for carrying a bird out, and it’s also good for carrying collapsible decoys like Montana Decoys. Interior pocket for extra calls. Overall just good size for day hunts too.

Trevor96

Lil-Rokslider
I used a Sitka Ascent vest and a day pack last spring
Plenty of room for everything but can set my pack out of the way when I'm set up and still have my calls and stuff at my fingertips

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
I used an Alps Grand Slam last spring season in NY. We are only allowed to hunt till noon, but the vest is fantastic. The kickstand allows me to sit anywhere without killing my back. Only downside is the kickstand adds weight, but I'll deal with the added weight over being uncomfortable with no backrest.