Turkish get ups

Teaman1

WKR
Any one here do Turkish get ups? Think they are worth adding to the mountain hunter routine? Have those of you doing it experienced any noticeable benefits?

Scrubbuck

FNG
Any one here do Turkish get ups? Think they are worth adding to the mountain hunter routine? Have those of you doing it experienced any noticeable benefits?
Yeah I like them. Been doing them for 7 months. I think they are great for coordination. They definitely expose imbalances in your strength since it is a uni-lateral exercise. So I haven’t hunted since doing a lot of them... but something tells me they’ll help me climb over deadfall more than burpees will.

sveltri

WKR
It is a very powerful movement that if done with consistency you can increase weight pretty rapidly. They require a good bit of focus and coordination, especially when you get to 40kg+. I think there are also some mobility benefits to be had that can help overall shoulder health.

Scrubbuck

FNG
Just start light.... I started with 35lbs and am doing double that now.... it’s not that I got much stronger as my regular press has only gone up slightly. It’s just a move that needs practice.