Tutorial for new users

It’s like instructions inside the package of gear you just receive. How many read them and how often?

Prob should be a part of signing up that forces new users to at least scroll through before becoming active.

— Or —

Like when I sign up for FB group on trucks or broncos, and they have a quick 5 question quiz before you can request access to the group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keta1969

FNG
How do I find an Administrator? I'm trying to PM another member with some info and keep getting a message telling me my message can't be sent because it is Spam like or contains inappropriate elements. Thanks

Mrshort

FNG
Are these to threads in the Rules Forum not enough of a tutorial for new people???

I think you’re misunderstanding the request. These “Rules” are thorough. What’s being asked for is “New User Account Setup Tutorials”. These would be simple walkthrough screen capture videos explaining how someone can get started on Rokslide. They would take someone from no account to a fully setup account, commenting, liking, posting and whatever other hoops they have to jump through to join the community. I run a brand messaging/video marketing company and these types of videos serve my clients very effectively. Especially when the new user’s experience is fairly technical or wrapped in red tape (such as most hunting forums are these days). I’m not knocking the need for this red tape… just making it known that I agree these new user tutorials would serve this community in a great way!

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
I think you’re misunderstanding the request. These “Rules” are thorough. What’s being asked for is “New User Account Setup Tutorials”. These would be simple walkthrough screen capture videos explaining how someone can get started on Rokslide. They would take someone from no account to a fully setup account, commenting, liking, posting and whatever other hoops they have to jump through to join the community. I run a brand messaging/video marketing company and these types of videos serve my clients very effectively. Especially when the new user’s experience is fairly technical or wrapped in red tape (such as most hunting forums are these days). I’m not knocking the need for this red tape… just making it known that I agree these new user tutorials would serve this community in a great way!
ohhhhh ok got ya now, yep I was misunderstanding, more of a "technical" tutorial, I got ya!

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
How do I find an Administrator? I'm trying to PM another member with some info and keep getting a message telling me my message can't be sent because it is Spam like or contains inappropriate elements. Thanks
you probbaly cannot send private messages because you dont have enough posts yet, it is set up that way to prevent scammers from creating accounts and bombing peoples private messages etc.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
For instance, just joined a site in order to sell of some unused clothing and within minutes I had 200+ followers for I-don’t-know-why. I haven’t even listed a single item yet. Now getting invited to participate in all kinds of “shows,” whatever that means. Selling events? Fashion shows? I am not parading my living room in an old sweatshirt as an overweight over aged old man!
The insane amount of followers is probably from tapatalk, not directly from rokslide users.

Swamp Fox

WKR
I know I'm still having trouble multi-quoting and embedding videos and images. What I'm used to from other sites doesn't seem to be the way things work here.

I think I've finally figured out (clean) youtube embedding and I may have accidentally found out how to fix a post with a quote if it goes awry before I submit it---though whether I can repeat my new skill is still a question.

But multi-quoting is giving me fits, and I had trouble embedding an image or a gif the last time I tried.

Right now it's a matter off holding my mouth right, I think.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know I'm still having trouble multi-quoting and embedding videos and images. What I'm used to from other sites doesn't seem to be the way things work here.

I think I've finally figured out (clean) youtube embedding and I may have accidentally found out how to fix a post with a quote if it goes awry before I submit it---though whether I can repeat my new skill is still a question.

But multi-quoting is giving me fits, and I had trouble embedding an image or a gif the last time I tried.

Right now it's a matter of holding my mouth right, I think.
How do you access the site, through a browser or tapatalk?

shymoi

FNG
Welcome to everyone. There is nothing complicated. You just look and the forums and answer to threads you are interested in. Also, if you have any questions you can create a new post!