Tutorial for new users

David215

FNG
I believe a basic tutorial should be created and posted on the master site for new users. I would assist non technical folks get an understanding of how to utilize the site most effectively. Sorry, it took my a number of days to figure out how to get started. Hope others had a more successful time getting started.

Fatcamp

WKR
Why is that? The Specific unites part. That's how I actually found the site, looking for info on a specific island.

Because posting unit specific information on the internet pisses people off. There is a belief that when you post units you are driving people there. True or not, it upsets people. But hey, you do what makes you happy. Plenty of other people do.

Rokslide for Dummies?
good to see you aren't discriminating against WKR's, you know we're all dumb, not just new members... you get us;)

all i wish is that they would dumb down those "for dummies" books a little so i could utilize some of them.... and an audio version too, because i feel 38 is too old to learn how to read, and i'm working on my listening, still a struggle some days..... being a grownup sucks

Mrshort

FNG
This would be extremely helpful. Here's been my experience... and I don't believe I'm a dumbass. Haha. I use to use this sight several years ago, and it was easy to get setup on. I use to comment, buy and sell things. I then went 4-5 years without using it and lost my login info... so I started a new account. But it's been fairly challenging to figure out what the hell I'm suppose to be doing. Specifically because I use to use the app "TapaTalk" on my phone, so I tried creating an account in that app. But it provides me with the error: "Please go to the website of the forum to read and accept terms and rules before continuing"... (that's vague) so I click through the link, "View on Web", which takes me to my Safari browser on my phone. The problem there is, I don't see anything to check off. I read the rules, see that I'm suppose to comment 10 times, be a member for 7 days. Ok, cool... but I can't leave comments from Safari on my phone. After spending too much time trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing wrong, I jump on my laptop and now I can leave comments. I'm assuming after I've commented the appropriate number of times, all the sudden I'll be able to view the forums in TapaTalk... but I'm just crossing my fingers here.

All this to say. I new user's first steps in getting to use Rokslide probably shouldn't be filled with troubleshooting! Haha, I agree that some form of "New User Tutorials" or account setup videos would be super smart.

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
Are these to threads in the Rules Forum not enough of a tutorial for new people???