Two barreled actions. One stock.

Does anyone use one stock for multiple barreled actions? If I had multiple Tikkas do you see any issues with doing this?

11boo

WKR
Never thought of that. Sounds like a way to make it work, but personally I would buy another stock. Plenty of used ones out there if $ is the issue.

a fair bit of accuracy comes from the fit between action and stock. Changing actions around is bound to impact that.

It would have to be a very Quality stock, if i was going to attempt it i would think a chassis would work better.
But id think what you saved in time and ammo would buy another stock fairly quickly.

OP
MuleyFever
a fair bit of accuracy comes from the fit between action and stock. Changing actions around is bound to impact that.
For sure. From what I see on here the Tikka actions are held to very tight tolerances and QC.

sndmn11

WKR
For sure. From what I see on here the Tikka actions are held to very tight tolerances and QC.
I can't think of a reason this would not work. The expectation should be to confirm zero each time you swap and not get upset when you have to adjust sights a little bit.

Eagle

WKR
Does anyone use one stock for multiple barreled actions? If I had multiple Tikkas do you see any issues with doing this?
I put my current 6.5 cr tikka t3x into a stock that was bedded for a tikka t3 30-06 and saw no ill effects. The gun consistently shoots well under 1moa so long as I do my part and has shot several .5 moa three shot groups (i know that doesn't mean much).

rayporter

WKR
it might be easier to have one action in a stock and swap barrels. swapping a shouldered barrel on a glue in is a piece of cake. and just about as easy with a barrel nut -savage style.

I have one action with 2 stocks and 4 different barrels that are all interchangable depending on what I want to go with. Works just fine that way for me. It started off as a switch barrel build and then I got carried away with deals I found on stocks and barrels.

sndmn11

WKR
If you really want to answer your question, take a torque driver and set your action screws at whatever you feel like, zero the rifle, take the action out of the stock and go have a snack, put the action back in the stock at the torque process and value you did before.
I'd bet a while lot of money your POI will not shift a distance more than the typical group size for that rifle.

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Take into consideration that if you are running a stock you will most likely have to bed it to one action then it will not be a great fit for the other action... Get yourself a chassis that utilizes the multi-point radial inlet so you can run both actions without any bedding stress. I personally run a 22 LR and 6 creed in one chassis and with one scope. I would rather have one high-quality chassis and scope than two that are mediocre. Swapping these over is a 10-minute process and it is very impressive how consistent the poi is when swapping these. This also allows me to have a rough zero when I show up to the range! I would suggest making sure that you get some quality rings and a quality base. These will insure that your zero is repeatable when you are swapping them over!