Two Fat Girls!

SwampGhost

Lil-Rokslider
Made another trip to the Midwest. My Selfbow lower limb cracked the first day of the trip. My trusty Palmer Longbow had to take up the slack. Saw a nice 130” 8pt and a couple other bucks but no shots on them. A couple big does weren’t so fortunate
:D

Deboned where they dropped and packed out both of them
800F2F13-6E9A-4566-AD7F-6ED7CFF53FF3.jpeg2FCCC942-B972-4DC0-A4B6-25373082BA7A.jpeg3C9625BC-BFDD-44D9-8B1A-079F80380E0B.jpeg

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
I must commend you on a thread title that certainly piqued my curiosity. Well done.

All I could think of is Queen's song Fat Bottom Girls. :D

Eddie

LaGriz

WKR
Well Done SwampGoast,

Your accuracy with the long bow is most impressive. I guess the multiple awards you won at or LTB shoots have helped you hone your skills to another level. Good luck to you during the rest of the season.

I'm still looking for my 1st trad kill. I could wallpaper a small room with my unfilled archery tags, but I'm still trying hard to improve my skills and persevere. You and many of our LTB members continue to inspire my efforts with the bow. Thank you all!

Going forward, Louisiana's Late rut hunts that occur in December-January will be my prime focus. Still very much a rifle hunter, I have at least been successful at filling the freezer with my many rifles. I think the woodsman ship gained while bow hunting has helped me connect on my rifle hunts. I find it refreshing to get shots at deer that are far beyond the limited range of my recurve. Eye sight is an issue for me and I really benefit from the use of a quality scope. Stand selection is very tough for me these days regardless of the weapon. I seem to be less decisive as I get older. Often I'm too loyal to a location and unwilling to abandon an unproductive set up. Its a work in progress.

LaGriz