Two people in one tent crisis. Talk me off of the ledge.

On hunts with a partner I always opt for my Akto because I like having my own space especially on week long hunts. This year I am trying to figure out how to make it work with one tent so we can split the weight to save ourselves on the distance that can potentially be covered over the hunt. I have a Nallo but I feel like that it going to be far too tight for two adults for one week. I am playing with the idea of ditching it all together and getting an Anjan 3 or maybe even a Cimarron with a nest. I have had multiple floorless shelters but always end up selling them because always want to have my sleeping bag closed of from critters and dirt, and I also don't like the ability of most tipis Ive used to take the wind over my Hillebergs. The person I am hunting with isnt someone I am going to hate by the end with the close quarters but I like room to get dressed and organize my crap at the end of the day without have to elbow each other. Has anyone else struggled with this and will something bigger be worth selling the Nallo over since I cant see using it in the situation I thought I bought it for?

I am a big fan of the solo sleep arrangements when possible. Primarily because I gather I am not a great tent companion. I snore and toss and turn which can make a bit of noise depending on my sleep gear and pad.

I did a trip last year with my brother. Two man tent was a bit small. On top of that I was sick so my moderate snoring was extra loud. He kept hitting me all night. Nerves frayed a few days in. Fortunately we were hitting a couple of national parks with car travel in between so we could adjust gear. We cowboy camped or were under separate tarps from them on and all was good.

LandYacht

WKR
You are making way too much out of 3 pounds. You’re not going to be able to cover any more distance with those pounds missing from your pack. Get the 3 pounds between your ears set on what it is you need to do, pack your own tent, and reap the rewards of not being in crisis during your hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Concur with the group. Keep using the akto or replace it with a Zpacks plexamid or Tarptent aeon or notch li which would get you as light or lighter than splitting the bigger shelters you mentioned.