Two Vets tripods, any experience?

NVVAHunt

Lil-Rokslider
Been looking at new tripod options and am really interested in the ruck but haven’t found a lot info or reviews. Will be for glassing during hunts and shooting off of occasionally. Anyone got any experience with their products?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When glassing you want the optic as close to the apex of the tripod as possible for stability. The less stable your optic is the more vibration there is. Center columns are not conducive to that. So I would recommend a tripod without a center column.

It doesn't matter how high end your optic is if your tripod is not steady and introduces vibration then clarity goes right out the window.

grapo13

FNG
Been looking at two vets myself, at some point I would like to get into the tripod game. If anyone has a model in particular they like please advise. Looking for an all around hunting/match tripod.

aaronoto

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a Ruck and I would not recommend it.... It's built super cheap and feels super cheap. I've seen some of their bigger tripods in person so I thought the Ruck would be a solid choice, but it's exactly what you'd expect a "cheap Chinese" tripod to be. While also Chinese made, I have a similar sized Leofoto as the Ruck and I would recommend Leofoto all day over the Ruck at least.

Lawnboi

WKR
If rrs dosnt open back up on backordered I might be ordering one of the larger two vets tripods

My hunting partner has the small two vets, don’t remember the name. It’s a decent tripod, better than a lot of the just glassing oriented ones. That said the ball head that came on it sucks.

If rrs dosnt open back up on backordered I might be ordering one of the larger two vets tripods

My hunting partner has the small two vets, don’t remember the name. It’s a decent tripod, better than a lot of the just glassing oriented ones. That said the ball head that came on it sucks.
Which RRS are you wanting to buy?

OP
N

NVVAHunt

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a Ruck and I would not recommend it.... It's built super cheap and feels super cheap. I've seen some of their bigger tripods in person so I thought the Ruck would be a solid choice, but it's exactly what you'd expect a "cheap Chinese" tripod to be. While also Chinese made, I have a similar sized Leofoto as the Ruck and I would recommend Leofoto all day over the Ruck at least.

Thanks for the input. I’ll probably end up going g a different direction. Other have mentioned the ball head that comes with it is cheap/not great

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Been looking at two vets myself, at some point I would like to get into the tripod game. If anyone has a model in particular they like please advise. Looking for an all around hunting/match tripod.
We have a few recons and I love them. After spending a little time behind it I bought one for myself and it has been great. It is a little heavy but I think it is well worth the weight! I am currently sitting at 11 matches this year and most of them have been in Western CO where the dust is brutal. I haven't had any issues with the tripod at all. The other great part about them is their customer service! If I was to buy another tripod right now I would buy another two vets.

Fire_9

WKR
I have their no name jr and really like it. It’s my first carbon tripod so I don’t have anything to compare it to but it’s served me well. I coupled it with a Colorado Tripod Company highline ball head and have been happy with the combo. I was worried about the lack of a center column but it hasn’t bothered me at all

Anvil 24 or 34 havnt quite decided. Something a little more stable than the ascend/anvil. More so for shooting, than hunting, the ascend isn’t going anywhere.

They’ve been showing up at vendors here and there. I bought my 34/Anvil a month ago just by checking a few vendors daily for a week or so.

FWIW I would’ve gone with a 24 if it wasn’t L legs only. The weight difference isn’t much between the 24L and 34 (4.59 vs 4.79#). At 5’9” I can shoot off mine standing no problem, and I put some emphasis on a smaller collapsed height. A 24 would be a perfect do-all tripod imo.

How stable is that ascend for shooting, and are you using the integrated head? Since RRS doesn’t make my perfect solution, I’ll probably be looking to add an ascend in the future.

@OP, sorry for the highjack. Buy RRS, support American manufacturing.

Lawnboi

WKR
They’ve been showing up at vendors here and there. I bought my 34/Anvil a month ago just by checking a few vendors daily for a week or so.

FWIW I would’ve gone with a 24 if it wasn’t L legs only. The weight difference isn’t much between the 24L and 34 (4.59 vs 4.79#). At 5’9” I can shoot off mine standing no problem, and I put some emphasis on a smaller collapsed height. A 24 would be a perfect do-all tripod imo.

How stable is that ascend for shooting, and are you using the integrated head? Since RRS doesn’t make my perfect solution, I’ll probably be looking to add an ascend in the future.

I have an ascend with an anvil, no center column and I don’t own the little head they sell with it. It’s an okay tripod, light, compact. For seated and kneeling it works fine, with hunting weight rifles. Obviously supports binos and a spotter very very well. I have had the opportunity to handle 2 and 3 series tripods From rrs and want to add one for more shooting oriented stuff, such as matches, shooting prairie dog towns, probably some hunting thrown in there. I won’t get rid of the ascend, it has its place. But it’s just not a 2 or 3 series. Blows similar and heavier tripods I had prior out of the water though.

Iv been keeping an eye on vendors. Really have my heart set on a 24L. I’m 5’6 but also want the height for using it as a rear support in matches and to allow for up hill shooting.

Thought I was nuts for spending what I did on the ascend but it’s been worth it. It goes wherever my rifle does.1AABA0DC-125C-4515-B9B4-6383C19A9544.jpg

OP
N

NVVAHunt

Lil-Rokslider

No worries. The more info that is shared the better. Also RRS is just slightly out of the budget for now. Maybe an upgrade in the future.

No worries. The more info that is shared the better. Also RRS is just slightly out of the budget for now. Maybe an upgrade in the future.

I’ve heard mostly good things about Two Vets, don’t have anything against them or their products. That said, I’d probably go even cheaper and save for something high end. I have no idea how the ruck compares, but the bigger Two Vets tripods are too expensive for a Chinese tripod imo. I’d be more likely to buy a leofoto for way less.

OP
N

NVVAHunt

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve heard mostly good things about Two Vets, don’t have anything against them or their products. That said, I’d probably go even cheaper and save for something high end. I have no idea how the ruck compares, but the bigger Two Vets tripods are too expensive for a Chinese tripod imo. I’d be more likely to buy a leofoto for way less.

Kind of what I came up with. Ended up with a Slik CF 634 and a Siriu VA 5 head. Won’t be shooting off it but will handle all my glassing needs.

I didn’t realize Two Vets was made in China and that would sway my decision for the amount of money they charge.

Kind of what I came up with. Ended up with a Slik CF 634 and a Siriu VA 5 head. Won’t be shooting off it but will handle all my glassing needs.

I didn’t realize Two Vets was made in China and that would sway my decision for the amount of money they charge.

That’s what I use for scouting/archery hunting. I wouldn’t shoot off of it, but it’s a great lightweight, affordable option.

It’s worth noting Two Vets has stated they use several manufacturers across Asia for different components. Not 100% Chinese afaik.

Where are Slik tripods made? What about Sirui? Might as well support the Veterans with their Chinese products.

You can certainly make that point. Personally, I’m going with the appropriately priced option if not buying American.

ID_Matt

WKR
I have a Two Vets QDT for my competition tripod. It has been very good through dust and beating on it.. Two vets makes "the kit" that would be perfect for a hybrid of shooting/glassing in my opinion. No center post and a good length of leg. As far as being chinese made, i think that is going to be the case with most tripods. RRS may not completely be, but of course you'll pay a premium for it to say assembled in the USA or whatever.

OP
N

NVVAHunt

Lil-Rokslider
Where are Slik tripods made? What about Sirui? Might as well support the Veterans with their Chinese products.

Not saying that they aren’t made in Asia but it’s a more reasonable price And I can still support distributors I like versus Amazon. S&S Archery, Cameraland, GOHUNT, just to name a few.