Two Weeks in Colorado!

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
As I sit here waiting for my brother to arrive I figured I would take the time to list some of the gear my son used on his hunt. I'll do the same for my gear later as well.

Some of Dylan's gear:
Boots - Zamberlane Guide 960
Binos - Swaro EL 8x32
Rifle - Tikka 6.5-06 AI in XLR chassis
Bipod - Spartan Javelin Pro Hunt
Scope - Swaro X5i 3-18x50mm
Bullet - 130 Berger VLD
Rangefinder - Sig Kilo 2400ABS
Pack - Exo K3 4800
Game bags - Viam Outdoors
Knife - Tyto

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Day one is in the books. We saw a ton of deer and even a few nice bucks but nothing big enough to shoot opening day.

Spotted this guy about a mile away and snuck within 80 to get a better look. Good looking buck but younger than I'm looking for.

20211113_154406.jpg

Beautiful country and weather.

20211113_115637.jpg

Some bad news. My dad is in the hospital with complications from Covid. He's stable and doing okay but can't make the hunt. I'm optimistic and praying for a quick recovery.

I'm still planning to hunt as long as nothing else changes. I'll finish getting everything ready today and tomorrow and then hit the road Thursday morning.

I’m currently home with covid.. had overlapping deer and elk tags for Colorado for the first time this year and obviously not able to make it.. I’m doing good. Praying for your father! Hope for a speedy recovery.. good luck on your hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Dang that sucks man. Hope you're back at it soon.
I’m currently home with covid.. had overlapping deer and elk tags for Colorado for the first time this year and obviously not able to make it.. I’m doing good. Praying for your father! Hope for a speedy recovery.. good luck on your hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
We just spotted this buck from a long ways off. Figured he was worth a closer look so we got to within about 600 yards. Still not quite what we're looking for. The picture is rough since there were a lot of heat waves to deal with.

20211114_105022.jpg

We are back up to about the highest point in my unit so we can glass a long way. Going to take a little nap and get ready for the evening.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Well, we still haven't found a buck that got me excited. A couple that were close tonight though so we're getting there. We are seeing deer constantly and the bucks are rutting so it's just a matter of time before I find a good one or just lose my patience! Lol

We did see this nice bull tonight too.

20211114_161728.jpg

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
It was hot and a little slow mid day today but the action picked up for the last couple hours.

This buck had some awesome character and really wanted a ride in our packs. He ultimately got the pass though so we could keep looking.

IMG_2896.jpg

We did find a buck right at dark that needs a closer look so we are going to try to relocate him in the morning.

Fatcamp

WKR
It was hot and a little slow mid day today but the action picked up for the last couple hours.

This buck had some awesome character and really wanted a ride in our packs. He ultimately got the pass though so we could keep looking.

View attachment 346730

We did find a buck right at dark that needs a closer look so we are going to try to relocate him in the morning.

That's a cool looking buck.