TYPICAL GC0605A sewing machine?

I’ve been looking at different used machines and don’t know much at all about them. I’m wanting try my hand at making pullouts and small things like that but also leather dog collars and weight belts. Does any body know anything about this Typical machine?
The guy says it’s a copy of the Juki DNU 1541S. He’s asking $600 for it. I watched a YouTube video of one running and sewing leather and it looks like a bad cat. Thanks for any insight.

WoodBow

WKR
It will excel at heavy weight work but I would not recommend it for light stuff like pullouts. You will need an industrial machine for heavy work but you can easily do light stuff with a home machine. You can get a used home machine for sub $50 or free.

Are you wanting to sew leather lifting belts? Look up how much presser foot lift that machine has. You will need 1/2" plus I would imagine.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
M
Yes leather lifting belts. They say it has a 16mm lift by knee, which I think is about 5/8. And 9mm by hand.

I was thinking about using 500 cordura for pullouts and belt pouches. Would that still be difficult on this machine? I’m saying all this but I’ve never worked with any of this stuff. For now I’d just copying what kifaru uses and wanting to make my own sizes.
Im not against having two machines, just trying to understand how small this big machine will work sense I have very little experience. But I get it, I have two metal lathes at home, one for bigger stuff and another for small stuff. And I like all tools, I’m just running out of space to put em ha.

WoodBow

WKR
Yea it should sew 500d no problem. I run a consew 206rb5 and I use it for everything besides ripstop nylon/silnylon type weight fabric.

Are you wanting to make lifting belts to sell or personal use/gifts? Have you considered synthetic lifting belts like rogue makes? I made one a couple years ago. I will never use a leather belt again.

OP
M
Good deal. Sounds like this unit should do 95% of the stuff I want to do.

Yes, belts for personal/gifts. Haven’t seen the rouge belt but I’ll check it out. I really appreciate the feedback!

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Walking foot machines are beasts. Get that for most of the work cordura, leather, etc.

Find a home machine if you do lightweight materials like ripstop, silnylon, parachute, etc. Its cheap enough to habe both.

WoodBow

WKR
Also if it doesn't have a servo motor, go ahead and plan on spending $100 on one of those. You can sell the clutch motor to get the money back.