Tyto Knives

Anyone use these? I am intrigued but a bit concerned about 550 wrapped handles on a knife that is going to get very bloody, gooey etc.

ljalberta

WKR
You can take the wrapped cord off and leave it off, or you can replace the cord after a kill if you prefer. Takes about 6 feet of cord and less than 5 minutes. I just got one this year, so I haven't been able to use it breaking down an animal, but I do prefer the ergonomics and blade change over my havalon.

I've got one and think it's awesome. I've have 550 cord wrapped handles and gotten them bloody, I just rinse them with water. I like having the cord available and the feel.

OP
C
Anyone use these? I am intrigued but a bit concerned about 550 wrapped handles on a knife that is going to get very bloody, gooey etc.

You can order one without the cord as well. That's what I did. The bare handle is fine with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWinVA

WKR
I got one a few months ago to try as a replacement for my Havalon. Ease of cleaning and how simple it is made me give it a go. I think it's going to be great. I hope to report how it works on a VA spring gobbler soon.

God Bless.

You can take the wrapped cord off and leave it off, or you can replace the cord after a kill if you prefer. Takes about 6 feet of cord and less than 5 minutes. I just got one this year, so I haven't been able to use it breaking down an animal, but I do prefer the ergonomics and blade change over my havalon.

How is the blade change different than the Havalon?

ljalberta

WKR
They slide on and off with ease. With my havalon, there's a ton of friction/pressure, and with slippery hands it just seems like an accident waiting to happen.