Tyvek and Plastic Garbage Bags

Scrappy

WKR
I have absolutely no need for a ground clothe.

My system allows me to have my quarters in the game bag before I remove it from the animal. Let me try to explain this. I start by removing the lower leg on a hind quarter, then start skinning that quarter. As I skin I slide a game bag over the knuckle and slide it up as I go. By the time I'm ready to pull the quarter over to pop the joint the quarter is practically in the bag. By doing this it keeps flys off and no chance of the quarter getting dirty.

Now at my game pole I already have paracord loops hanging so all I have to do is hold the quarter up long enough to slip the slip knot over the knuckle.

Now some will say the quarter is in the bag upside down. With the opening on the bottom I can now debone the quarter right where it hangs.

Just slide the game up over the meat up to the knuckle then start deboning. I debone my quarters all in one big piece. It still looks like a quarter just without the bone. I let gravity pull the meat down and right into the extra game bag I keep in my kit.

for those hunting around trees this is definitely an easier way than wrestling around on the ground.
20210917_153241.jpg

I have absolutely no need for a ground clothe.

My system allows me to have my quarters in the game bag before I remove it from the animal. Let me try to explain this. I start by removing the lower leg on a hind quarter, then start skinning that quarter. As I skin I slide a game bag over the knuckle and slide it up as I go. By the time I'm ready to pull the quarter over to pop the joint the quarter is practically in the bag. By doing this it keeps flys off and no chance of the quarter getting dirty.

Now at my game pole I already have paracord loops hanging so all I have to do is hold the quarter up long enough to slip the slip knot over the knuckle.

Now some will say the quarter is in the bag upside down. With the opening on the bottom I can now debone the quarter right where it hangs.

Just slide the game up over the meat up to the knuckle then start deboning. I debone my quarters all in one big piece. It still looks like a quarter just without the bone. I let gravity pull the meat down and right into the extra game bag I keep in my kit.

for those hunting around trees this is definitely an easier way than wrestling around on the ground.
View attachment 337849
Love it!

Quick question for those using garbage bags. Is this before or after the meat cools?
After, they trap heat, so if it's hot I won't use them, rather get my pack bloody, maybe just throw an extra large quarter bag inside my pack to absorb a little of the goo. Hang everything to cool, bone out into clean game bags. Only goes into the contractor bag right when I'm loading my pack, also roll the top edge back so it's open to the top and can breath. Comes out immediately to go into the cooler at the truck. I also pack as much meat out at night as is humanly possible. I'll often take the whole quarters to a cool, shady spot near a creek bottom/ trail to bone out.