Tyvek; became a complicated purchase...what to buy & where?

gumbl3

WKR
Sometimes they'll cover stacks of lumber with a formed tyvek sheet..

Next time you see a stack of plywood with a plastic cover, go check and ask, there 4x8' you can scavenge

Johnboy

WKR
OP
B
This is the stuff: Amazon.com: 2m (2.2 Yards) of Tyvek 43gsm 1443R Kitemaking Material | Durable, Strong, Lightweight, Breathable

The sheet weighs 5 oz by my measurement. I put some across my bathroom sink and ran the water to create a pool on top of the fabric. After an hour there was a slight bit of moisture weeping through. I ended up using it as a kill tarp and used a Gossamer ground cloth instead:

Polycryo (Tent Footprint) Ground Cloths (size Large, 6' x 8' = 3.8 oz)

Thanks! Is the polycryo completely waterproof? On the site it doesn't say, just says it's super tough and lightweight.

Johnboy

WKR
It's definitely waterproof, and it is indeed remarkably tough given how thin and light it is.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

oldgoat

WKR
I think I'm going to just buy a roll, looks like it will last me a life time and its about half the price of buying it by the piece.

On the polycryo it's the same stuff as shrink window film you can buy at HD or Lowes. Get the heavy duty stuff. I used a sheet all last season and was happy with the performance (no holes with proper site selection).