Tyvek Suit for Goats?

Does anyone have any anecdotal experience hunting with Tyvek suits for mountain goats? If so, what were the circumstances, how close were you able to get, and do you think you would have been able to get that close without the suit? I'm debating the pros/cons for using one for an archery mountain goat hunt this fall. Thank you in advance.

rickiesrevenge

Lil-Rokslider
Ive used them. They work for sheep and goats. I've crawled right under sheep that were watching me, they looked at me and didn't get out of their beds.

Aaron

Hnttillmt

FNG
They don’t breath at all. Gets awfully steamy inside real quick. I’ve never hunted in one but have to put one on sometimes at work and it’s not fun in any kind of warm weather.

kaboku68

WKR
Don't think that you can use them to walk up a drainage to them. The best way to use them is to approach them from same level on the mountain. You have to go slower than you do with sheep but it should work. Old timers used to use white sheets when goats were moving towards a water source or food source for ambushes.

Never used them, didn't see the need but I have heard they work. Depending on the goats, and where you're hunting, sometimes you can let them see you from below. Start hiking up, at angle to them, never right at them, but closing distance. Go up, sit down, 5-10 minutes let them see you. Keep working your way up always stopping and sitting down if you see any type of concern from the goats. You'd be surprised how tolerant they can be. Again, depends on the goats, and how much they're hunted.

I’ve used just white tshirts in the summer to get really close for pics. I know the goats could see us coming but didn’t seem to mind, so I would say it works. Pressure could also be a factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a pair of these that I initially bought for sheep hunting, but I've yet to use them. I do think they would be a bit more comfortable than Tyvek though.

rifletuner

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck getting a goat into a Tyvek suit
Does anyone have any anecdotal experience hunting with Tyvek suits for mountain goats? If so, what were the circumstances, how close were you able to get, and do you think you would have been able to get that close without the suit? I'm debating the pros/cons for using one for an archery mountain goat hunt this fall. Thank you in advance.

Good luck getting a goat into a Tyvek suit. Frankly if a goat is wearing a Tyvek suit, I dont think it makes it any easier ofr more difficult to approach.

Good luck getting a goat into a Tyvek suit

Good luck getting a goat into a Tyvek suit. Frankly if a goat is wearing a Tyvek suit, I dont think it makes it any easier ofr more difficult to approach.

hahahaha this is one of the worst dad jokes I have heard in a while, but you did get a chuckle, perhaps even a chortle out of me

JP100

WKR
I really dont think its worth the hassle?

Depends where your hunting, but where ive hunted goats(BC) they are probably the easiest animal in thw world to stalk.

We shot a billy at 50 yards(rifle) and the rest of the group stayed bedded around us, many were within 100 yards of us and they did nothing.

Goats ive seen are not particularly afraid of people, they just live in hard to reach places

Jimss

WKR
It would be worth a try if you have no other options for closing the distance. It doesn't take long for brush to shred tyveks. I wear tyvek or white camo all the time after it snows.