Tyvek Width

GPool1842

WKR
For those running Tyvek groundsheets in floorless shelters, are you using the standard 3’ width? Or are you seeing that you need something wider to keep your pad and bag on top of it?

And are you running the Tyvek brand or Lowe’s or Ace house brands?

Thx!

Gli_ryan

FNG
Full width generic brand is what I use. I usually try and keep a couple things on the sheet with me that I don’t want in my bag or in the dirt. Probably a wasted effort on my part lol

For out 8 man I got a 10ft width and length of about 15 or so ft. and cut it down in a half pie so we have a half floor. Some extra weight but it kind of nice - or we think so...

*zap*

WKR
Tyvek tape holds up well so if you want a wider than 3' just cut it and tape it on both sides....you could probably tape both sides of the corners and cut a slot to pin it with a small diameter stake.....but I have not tried that.....yet. I think that for a ground cloth the generic stuff is fine.

CKWY97

FNG
Yeah I just roll with the standard 3' wide by 7' (I think) Tyvek. Ordered it off Amazon and came with corner grommets, not that I've had any need for those...

Has worked well for me thus far in my SO LBO.

For my red cliff i run a 10 and for my cimmaron I run 5.

I took the cut up 10 and made two fives so I could cover both sides if needed. Easier this way imo. I also run a 3x7 for my sheep tarp.