UA and Cam Hanes part ways

Torrent50

FNG
It's all well and good to not give a crap about Cam Hanes and what he does or does not wear, but each and every one of us ought to be paying attention to why this happened. I doubt Hanes will ever come out and say why, but if this has to do with the Change.org petition for them to drop him it should be of at least some concern to everyone. Whether you like UA gear or not, if another major company bowed to the anti's it is just another nail in our collective coffins. Chip by chip, the foundation is being weakened.

Ucsdryder

WKR
It's all well and good to not give a crap about Cam Hanes and what he does or does not wear, but each and every one of us ought to be paying attention to why this happened. I doubt Hanes will ever come out and say why, but if this has to do with the Change.org petition for them to drop him it should be of at least some concern to everyone. Whether you like UA gear or not, if another major company bowed to the anti's it is just another nail in our collective coffins. Chip by chip, the foundation is being weakened.
If that’s true then why wouldn’t he come out and say that. I think he would absolutely say something. I think it’s more likely what was posted earlier about his buddy who is coming out with a clothing line.

Torrent50

FNG
If that’s true then why wouldn’t he come out and say that. I think he would absolutely say something. I think it’s more likely what was posted earlier about his buddy who is coming out with a clothing line.
His response was that if they didn't find him valuable enough to keep then it was his own fault for not making himself so valuable that they couldn't drop him (which is a very Jocko thing to say by the way). It could be the other reason, but it's concerning when there was a petition with 300,000 plus signatures and then they part ways with their longest running sponsorship. I don't know, I just don't think we can afford to justify it away every time something like this happens. Just my 2 cents.

TheTone

WKR
Because not saying exactly what happens feeds clicks, speculation, and attention. It’s the same reason people like him post tons of teaser pics of a successful hunt before ever just showing a grip and grin or showing what they killed in one post. He (and other influencers) are narcissists whether they want to say it or not

Not aware of the petition, but if anti-hunter, wouldn’t they also drop Remi?

Too much nonsense these days to keep track of it all.

Reactions: ODB

Trial153

WKR
If amazing to me that any company keeps and supports pro staff in the hunting industry. Look a bow company’s for example they have pages of people on the dole. All unnecessary cost that gets passed down to Joe customer.

I say cut them all. Pay for advertising and use there own social media and become more efficient, lower prices and add value to your products. That benefits the customer the most

Maybe he's gettin old and if he's gonna keep running everyday he needs shoes that don't suck?

Maybe the $ was finally not enough to keep him using subpar stuff. Either he was really loyal or the $ was good cuz come on, under armor?

Maybe he's gettin old and if he's gonna keep running everyday he needs shoes that don't suck?

Maybe the $ was finally not enough to keep him using subpar stuff. Either he was really loyal or the $ was good cuz come on, under armor?
Agree!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

ODB

WKR
If amazing to me that any company keeps and supports pro staff in the hunting industry. Look a bow company’s for example they have pages of people on the dole. All unnecessary cost that gets passed down to Joe customer.

I say cut them all. Pay for advertising and use there own social media and become more efficient, lower prices and add value to your products. That benefits the customer the most

Yup. The rise of the Ambassador in the digital and social media age has gotten ridiculous.

Imagine tomorrow Hoyt and Easton said “Today we are formally ending all ambassadorships in an effort to reduce overhead, strengthen our business, expand our lines, and most importantly, lower the cost of our world-class products to our most important customer - you.”

Oh no anyway Meme Generator - Imgflip

TheTone

WKR
Yup. The rise of the Ambassador in the digital and social media age has gotten ridiculous.

Imagine tomorrow Hoyt and Easton said “Today we are formally ending all ambassadorships in an effort to reduce overhead, strengthen our business, expand our lines, and most importantly, lower the cost of our world-class products to our most important customer - you.”
I’d be more likely to buy another Hoyt.

The truth will eventually come out, but we all know AU isn’t quality hunting gear!

John Barklow of Sitka Gear says otherwise and actually praised UA to me when I asked a question about good garments that have windstopper. He told me that the UA Infil Windstopper was very good at a significant savings from Sitka.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk