UA and Cam Hanes part ways

ODB

WKR
Well he says he shoots a Bear now....

I don't know how he is making 32" ATA work with fingers....

Where did he say that? And also @TheTone, where did he say THAT?

He just killed a world record sitka blacktail with a custom shop Hoyt Double XL shooting fingers. the bow has 50% let-off round wheels. I asked him about it myself. I have heard him say he tinkered with a release but only for a bit and is shooting just fingers now.

*ADDED* Ok - I see the Bear thing now. @Billy Goat

That's strange. It was like a month ago I asked him about the Hoyt.

Times are a changing I guess....

He just killed a world record sitka blacktail with a custom shop Hoyt Double XL shooting fingers. the bow has 50% let-off round wheels. I asked him about it myself. I have heard him say he tinkered with a release but only for a bit and is shooting just fingers now.
I'm not even on Facebook and heard about it.

Screenshot_20220109-214900_Chrome.jpg

def90

WKR
I get it.. he's a professional hunter just like guys that ski or race dirt bikes get their endorsements. Don't care.

I have UA gear, I also have Sitka gear, never bought either because it was what someone else wore, bought it because it was at the store and when I tried it on it fit better and seemed like it would do a better job. UA in general was more expensive than a couple other options yet less than others at the same time, Sitka.. well it's more expensive but if it holds up then what does it matter? This past elk season I wore Sitka pants and UA tops of various sorts at the same time, sure that probably attributed to my lack of sucess in some way. Hell, I've worn military surplus for a large amount of my life, I'm not a gear snob in any way.

Good luck to him, I'm sure he will do fine, I'm sure UA will do fine as well.

TheTone

WKR

*ADDED* Ok - I see the Bear thing now. @Billy Goat

That's strange. It was like a month ago I asked him about the Hoyt.

Times are a changing I guess....
It was a Hoyt podcast within the last year or so; granted obviously he could have done something different and now has really started doing something else

I never understood why in the hell people care about what items other people are paid to use.

I had a conversation about this with someone the other day. I just dont get the paid celebrity endorsements. Dan Marino was one of my childhood favorite players. I remember his Isotoner commercials and even then I thought why would people care what he is being paid to say he likes?

I never understood why in the hell people care about what items other people are paid to use.

I had a conversation about this with someone the other day. I just dont get the paid celebrity endorsements. Dan Marino was one of my childhood favorite players. I remember his Isotoner commercials and even then I thought why would people care what he is being paid to say he likes?

I don't understand it, but spend some time in a shop and listen to customers.

There's people buying stuff because (insert whomever) shoots it and says it's the (insert keyword, accurate, hard hitting, etc..)

Surprises me, but I think a lot of times it's new consumers are where the money is, and they are the easiest to sway and get them to part with their money on a producr.

ODB

WKR
I don't understand it, but spend some time in a shop and listen to customers.

There's people buying stuff because (insert whomever) shoots it and says it's the (insert keyword, accurate, hard hitting, etc..)

Surprises me, but I think a lot of times it's new consumers are where the money is, and they are the easiest to sway and get them to part with their money on a producr.

100%. Hunter is successful with XXX product - impressionable hunter sees XXX product as a key to success - marketing arm of XXX company knows this - company pays YYY hunter to use XXX product to generate $$$ sales.

Have you met meateater?

My surprise with Chuck is he's been with Hoyt damn near a lifetime. Can't wait to see a 38"+ axle-to-axle bow again - hell, I'd LOVE to see a 43" bow like my old Martin Scepter II. THAT was a bow.

bozeman

WKR
The social media reach cannot be underestimated.....I was talking to a fella over Christmas who has NEVER hunted and he knew I hunted elk out west....his first question, guess? it wasnt about where I go, what I shoot, etc......his first question was: Do you know a guy named Cam Hanes? lol My response: no, and dont really care to....what else you want to know? Then we actually began to talk about hunting and why etc.....but, never underestimate the reaches of social media!

I will wish everyone the best of success in life and the pursuit of happiness, but doesnt mean I support them in those endeavors. No ill will wished upon anyone.

GotDraw?

WKR
Because not saying exactly what happens feeds clicks, speculation, and attention. It’s the same reason people like him post tons of teaser pics of a successful hunt before ever just showing a grip and grin or showing what they killed in one post. He (and other influencers) are narcissists whether they want to say it or not
He may well have an NDA-- did you consider that possibility?
JL