UA ridge reaper down pants vs First Lite puffy?

Tbuckus

WKR
I keep seeing in the gear deal thread everyone bragging about the UA puffy pants. Sounds like it was a great deal.

What I am curious to know is how the UA pants compare to the First Lite unpronounceable puffy pants. More specifically;

Fit/sizing/comfort?

warmth?

weight? (I cant find a weight on the UA puffy)

jt4

WKR
Can’t help you with size and warmth differences, but my XL UA down pants weigh 17.5 oz.

Side note - it frustrates the crap outta me that no one at UA can tell you how much down fill is in either the pants or the jacket, so it’s hard to know what they’re comparable to without having both in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jt4

WKR
Pants are in the grey, jacket is the camo.

7b0a512b5083f3b60e06e5d86b93947f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
T

Tbuckus

WKR
It sounds like the UA pants are a little lighter, which makes sense since they are down.

Aaron Warpony

Lil-Rokslider
I have the first lite umcomaphgres and they are super thin and synthetic. They are warmer than they look and i do like first lite products, but i don't think they are worth the money. I got a good deal on them and was still kinda dissapointed. The under armor puffy pants I've handled in the store looked to me like they would be warmer, obviously thicker, and more packable. First lite for what i like, is a Idaho March-October pant, sized a little small. If i'm carrying the weight of a puffy pant, i need it to be super warm, and first lite uncomphagre just didn't do it for me. I like down puffy pants much more than synthetic