UGQ quilt question

PhatSki

WKR
looking at buying a Bandit and was wondering what material folks are running on the outside? I am considering going with M10T both on the inner and the outer. I wondering if that material is too light for the outer? I am generally very careful with my equipment and take good care of all my stuff so just wondering if I can get away with it.

turley

Lil-Rokslider
Many companies (Enlightened Equipment, Nunatak, ect..) use 10D as their external fabric and my Nunatak has experienced no durability issues.
That said I really like the softness of the 15D fabric El Coyote uses for their external fabric (more durability with minimal weight penalty).

OP
P

PhatSki

WKR
Many companies (Enlightened Equipment, Nunatak, ect..) use 10D as their external fabric and my Nunatak has experienced no durability issues.
That said I really like the softness of the 15D fabric El Coyote uses for their external fabric (more durability with minimal weight penalty).
so is the M10T fabric closer to the 10d or 15 d fabric? UGQ recommends MRS20 as a more durable outer fabric

WRM

WKR
I don't know the answer to your fabric question, but my Enigma is 10D with the 20D "stripes". I've never had an issue. Hard to keep up with constantly changing options.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I have a 7D EE quilt and have used it for years with no durability issues. You can rip or tear any material if you don't take care of it. A little attention to your gear helps tremendously with avoiding bad outcomes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

turley

Lil-Rokslider
7D is pretty durable (of course less so than 10D or 15D) for the weight and is a sound option if utilized in a tent or bivy. If cowboy camping a 10D or 15D would be a better option as they are more wind resistant.

2rsquared

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered my Bandit with the 20 on both the inside and outside.

I wanted the extra durability. The 10 is supposed to be more comfortable to the skin but I sleep in my long johns anyway.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk