Uhhh...that's not hunting dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoot

WKR
What you're describing would not be my cup of tea at all. However, it is to the detriment of all hunters that other hunters bad mouth mouth legal means of taking game that are not similar to how they choose to do it.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
You must not have hog problems where you hunt...I have spent many a night guarding a corn pile/water trying to kill hogs and run the ones that didnt get shot off...you spend a full day on a tractor cleaning up their mess you go to drastic measures. Sometimes fair chase isn't the goal.
Plenty of hogs where I hunt and farm. I don’t cut off the water for the hogs/deer for the purpose of making them drink during shooting hours. Call me crazy!
It’s a high fence place in Africa and covering water holes is the difference between fair chase and not. I would have thought that big ass fence keeping them in might be it but I’m not on the ethics police board so what do I know
1660774578070.jpeg

I read the thread and don’t recall any statement in the size of the HF area or if any other water was available. This doesn’t seem much different to me than sitting over bait for bear or deer. It’s only there when people chose for it to be there.

Agreed. Still hunting doesn't mean sitting on a stool in a ground blind next to a water source that's covered at night. Still hunting is walking stealthily through an animal's habitat, stopping frequently—sometimes for long periods—to scan and listen for game. Typically, big-game hunters use this method in unfamiliar terrain or where stands are impractical or forbidden. It is absolutely a pursuit.

Who says? You? :ROFLMAO:

There are lots of ways of taking an animal that are widely considered unethical. In fact most of our game laws in the United States specifically forbid these things. Jack lighting, blocking access to a water hole, cell phone connected game cameras, Wasting meat… It could get to be quite a list. But if we bag on another hunter for doing exactly those things, then we’re accused of siding with the anti-hunters. I think an open discussion of these things is healthy. I think it brings into the conversation what is considered ethical and not ethical for the edification of new hunters. I do think it’s important to watch one’s language. But by all means we should discuss it.
If the memes get a little rough and tumble, free country free speech.

Who says? You? :ROFLMAO:
That sounds like a disagreement Over Termanology. Widely excepted usage is this: stand hunting is when you sit and wait for game to come. Still hunting is when you move quietly through the woods or sagebrush or whatever looking for game.

Fatcamp

WKR
I have spent too much time living in, hunting, and exploring desert landscapes to ever accept denying game water except over the barrel of a gun as anything but disturbing.

It is just incredibly distasteful to me, on the edge of cruel. If you have ever been really thirsty, I mean verge of death thirsty, I think you would understand. Maybe not agree, but understand.

ljalberta

WKR
Are Memes allowable? i have so many ready to go right now for this thread.

release-the-memes.gif

txjustin

Lil-Rokslider
I’m a Texas whitetail hunter. I have one stand near a feeder. The rest are along trails. Either way I’m sitting my butt down for hours on end waiting for a deer to cross. May not be your kind of hunting, but it works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds like a disagreement Over Termanology. Widely excepted usage is this: stand hunting is when you sit and wait for game to come. Still hunting is when you move quietly through the woods or sagebrush or whatever looking for game.

Clearly, I run with the wrong crowd. Have never heard of still hunting used synonymously with movement.

Maybe if I spent more quality time at the local "pro shop" cultivating bro-mances, I might get with the times.

Status
Not open for further replies.