Ultimate Muzzleloader

Does anyone on here use one of these? I have an M1A Super Match I was thinking about off-loading for one of these. I was going to get the Utah/Colorado model that has irons. I live in a slug gun only zone for whitetails and it would probably be used more than any firearm I own.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Gosh bud, I wish it wasn't summer right now and so slow around here. I'd like to hear from someone who's shot those guns. I've seen them and have wondered myself.

What have you found out on them?

OP
Brandon Pattison
My buddy has one. He loves it. Very accurate. I have been in the guys house that makes them. I know of a few guys around here that shoot them. Very easy to clean.

My roommate has an ultimate. The gun can shoot, we shoot it over 400 yards with 6 inch groups. Its a heavy sucker at about 12 lbs with a Zeiss Turret scope. I would only be using it on the fields of michigan for deer, but for out west I wouldn't be carrying it. Literally, you shoot it, and spit on a patch and run it and the damn thing is clean. Amazing in that aspect, but super super expensive. Even more expensive then some of the high end kimber rifles.

OP
Brandon Pattison
They have a carbon barrel model im prolly gunna get. Sika comin home with clean coolers. GAP camo stock with flat dark earth metal.

Coming home in michigan from deer camp with clean coolers or elk land with clean coolers? I don't think you can scope for Muzzleloader in CO so it would be pointless unless you can lob sabots @ 300 with iron sights! haha

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
If you couldn't scope it, study some of the high end peeps sights out there like Pendersoli

attachment.php

I have not toyed with them, but did use some good peep sights on a M1 carbine years ago and was hitting 6" rocks at 200-250 yards more often than not.

With some tuning, practice, and wisdom, I'd guess you could get that Ultimate Muzz shooting out there where you could fill those coolers.

Of course you'd have to have good eyes, or wear shooting googles with a reading glass lens like a .75 to a 2, depending on your eyes, to get the most out of this system.

OP
Brandon Pattison
Nik, I was on my battalion's rifle and pistol team. We shot 24" circles at 600 yards with worn out M16A2s with iron sights all day long.

UM has a Lyman-style peep version smokepole. Mix with loose powder and Powerbelt and a rangefinder and time logged at a known distance range to log your gun's dope.

Nik, I was on my battalion's rifle and pistol team. We shot 24" circles at 600 yards with worn out M16A2s with iron sights all day long.

UM has a Lyman-style peep version smokepole. Mix with loose powder and Powerbelt and a rangefinder and time logged at a known distance range to log your gun's dope.

If you can do that, then you better lug that big heavy beast around. You'll fill coolers for sure!