Ultimate Predator

HaydenB

Lil-Rokslider
I was just curious if anybody has done this workout program by Atomic Athlete. If so did you like it? Why or why not?

Ctitus25

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't done it per se, but did their foundations program and part of the 4 week program they wrote for EXO. I've looked over the Ultimate Predator workout though and it seems like it would be good.

Scrubbuck

FNG
I did it 2 years ago and it worked great. It’s well thought out. Last summer I got into starting strength and did not get myself off of all the squats and deadlifts thinking I would try out something different. I definitely screwed up and felt like I was not conditioned enough, although the strength helped me recover.... I just did not feel as athletic. Spent the last 6 months strength training and will spend the next 3 doing this program. It has dedicated strength days in the 1st phase, and I will sub in my own strength training. It aims to have you peak for your hunt.... after that it’s back to the big compound movements.

OP
HaydenB

HaydenB

Lil-Rokslider
I’m thinking about giving it a shot. I’ve got a few back country hunts this fall and want to be more prepared physically than I usually am.

Jake T

FNG
I did it in 2018, skipped it for 2019, and am doing it again for 2020. I like it. I like how it’s laid out and the type of exercises you do in the program. I’m not super strict on the structure though. I’ll add in my own hiking activity every few days and just pick up the program the next day. It’s not technically how you’re supposed to do it but I find it works well.