Ultra light skeleton hunting knife Recommendations?

Glendine

Lil-Rokslider
Hi Guys,

Can you please recommend me a ultra light skeleton hunting knife for use on deer.

I have looked at Kestrel but I do not like the scabbards - due to the fact the cannot be belt attached.

Are there any other manufactures you could recommend??.
thanking you in advance for your time.

Regards,
Glendine.

snowplow

WKR
Yep LOVE the paklite caper. Easy to sharpen and holds a great edge. Nice for gutting and skinning. I love the blade shape and strong tip.

Or for something a touch bigger the Benchmade saddle mountain Skinner makes an outstanding hunting do all belt knife. Way lighter than it seems like it should be. Those are my 2 faves.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

RCL

WKR
I have a Buck Packlite caper and a Tyto.
Nothing wrong with the Buck, but prefer the Tyto.

tdot

WKR
Kestrel ovis hunter is one of the best blade shapes I've ever used. If you like the look of the knife, I'd figure out a way to make the sheath work for you. You can buy bolt on belt clips, molle clips, etc, that bolt thru the grommet holes. I fastened mine on to my pack with kite line.

Jimss

WKR
Victoronox knives are amazingly light, sharp, and easy on the pocketbook! Outdoor edge replacement blade knives are the bomb though!

NVVAHunt

Lil-Rokslider
Haven’t used one of these yet but thinking about ordering. Good blade steel and super light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Glendine

Glendine

Lil-Rokslider
Kestrel ovis hunter is one of the best blade shapes I've ever used. If you like the look of the knife, I'd figure out a way to make the sheath work for you. You can buy bolt on belt clips, molle clips, etc, that bolt thru the grommet holes. I fastened mine on to my pack with kite line.

Hey thanks for your reply some good points there!

Regards,
Glendine

Beendare

WKR
You might add the Benchmade Altitude to your list....that thing holds an edge like crazy. I've used it on a hunt recently- incredible and it weighs nothing.

I was using the Benchmade Steep country in S30v steel...a great knife [though I had to buff out the metal in the handle as it snags latex gloves] That knife will hold its edge through a couple animals, here
STEEP COUNTRY

I just picked up one of the Benchmade Altitude's....and honestly I didn't think I would like the skeleton handle....is awesome...my new favorite and the S90V steel is even better.
Plus they both come in Orange- SWEET....
ALTITUDE

Lvthntitall

Lil-Rokslider
I’m look as well am leaning towards the Argali, thinking a little more handle would be better for me, anyone use these?

AndyB

WKR
Hi Guys,

Can you please recommend me a ultra light skeleton hunting knife for use on deer.

I have looked at Kestrel but I do not like the scabbards - due to the fact the cannot be belt attached.

Are there any other manufactures you could recommend??.
thanking you in advance for your time.

Regards,
Glendine.
You could do this with your Kestral for not much faffing about.A6F4D27D-965A-48B6-B6FB-D49932BBEB23.jpegEC4915CF-6D2A-481D-B607-D816925FCA7E.jpeg

Last edited: