ultra light tarp set up - guylines and stakes

I bought a zpacks DCF 8.5x10 tarp to replace a heavier shelter, for certain hunts and hikes.

I am curious what type of lines and stakes you use, realizing varies based on the location and style of the pitch.

Stakes - I have been a fan of MSR groundhogs and mini ground hogs and have played with others with less success. What else do you like and how many do you carry?

Lines - I had typically used 550 cord for guylines but have been looking for a lighter, less stretchy option. What do you use? How long and how many lines do you typically carry?

The zpacks tarp has a total of 16 tie outs. I am thinking about 2x15' of 3mm cord for the two ridge ends and another 6-8 smaller diameter cords for the perimeter and tie outs. I think 8-10 stakes should be enough.

mrgreen

WKR
I agree with the MSR groundhogs, but I prefer Lawson Glowire for tie-outs.

If you're open to it, I find a 'Mid tent much easier to setup, typically 1 pole and 4-5 stakes and you're done. Use silnylon instead of DCF and you save money but still only about 1 pound.

Mosby

WKR
I also use Lawson Gowire for my tie-outs for tents and tarps. I just bought some new DAC v stakes that weigh a bit less than groundhogs and I am going to try them this year. I am going to use the groundhogs on the corners and the DAC stakes everywhere else.

I use the cheap reflective 2mm stuff from Amazon for the main points. I use 1.2mm cord for the other tie outs. If I'm expecting high winds, I just add more stakes (field made) and cord as I feel I need.

Netherman

WKR
I also like the msr groundhogs and lawson glow wire.

Two really nice things about the glow wire are its stiffness make it really easy to untie and the reflective strands are incredible compared to other reflective cordage I have tried (niteize/three bulls).

Regarding stakes, I've tried the knock off groundhogs from amazon and found them to bend much easier.

For my DST I use 6 stakes, 2 12' guy lines (green), and 2 8' guy lines (orange). I'm thinking about adding another two orange lines for versatility, but really only use a diamond or no BS a-frame pitch. One thing I really about this system is the color coded lengths.