Ultralight Backpacking Tent

If money was not a concern, which tent would you pick as an ultralight high country hunter. Things I'm looking for in order of importance:
1. Weight
2. Battling condensation
3. Ease of setup (integrated fly and floor)
4. Space (don't like those tiny 1P tents)

Some brands I have read about are Stratosphire Li, Zpacks Duplex, Dirigo 2... anyone have experience here?

Stratospire Li would be best for battling condensation with a great weight/space balance. Not the easiest to setup but not difficult either.
Aeon Li if weight is more important and you're willing to give up space and some condensation management.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Duplex is a single wall shelter, so condensation will be a factor.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Check out River Country Product lightweight tents. Trekker 2.2. Pretty simple and light weight. Why spend a fortune when you can get one of these.

I have the Zpacks Duplex. Love it. Condensation is not a real issue for me, but does occur. Choice of site is important here.

I have been eyeballing a Stratospire vs a duplex. The zpacks is lighter. The strat can be set up without the inner liner. Both are crazy light.

Wish I could handle them in person before dropping that coin.

This.
13a8ddb8608636f0a6beb95239a7eb2d.jpg

8a2e07ca490aff420019e33af05ef315.jpg

aa8329ded9bdaf33994a3851730827d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shraggs

WKR
Hi Greg, nice pic as usual! Is that the happi with two trekking poles in A frame?

I’m still stuck on this vs solomid xl, keep over thinking rain coming in if two of us in happi

John

K

Kootenay Hunter

Check out River Country Product lightweight tents. Trekker 2.2. Pretty simple and light weight. Why spend a fortune when you can get one of these.

What's the fabric like, doesn't say on the site, is it water resistant/sealed?

Would be interesting if they made some ultra light carbon poles. If you're staying in the tent for more than one night might be a pain to take out and replace trekking poles. I guess you could figure something out for that price.

Hi Greg, nice pic as usual! Is that the happi with two trekking poles in A frame?

I’m still stuck on this vs solomid xl, keep over thinking rain coming in if two of us in happi

John

Khufu is very close to the Hapi (little narrower) with door oriented on the long side if that is important. However, if you're concerned about rain coming in the door - Hapi/ultamid orientation would have it impact just one end of one or two people while the duo/khufu orientation would have one person take the brunt of it. I'd definitely prefer Hapi/Ultamid orientation if planning to have 2 people. After a little use with the Duo, I also think the Hapi/Ultamid2 door configuration is probably more convenient just getting in and out of the tent, not having to pull a 90 in the back of the tent around the pole.

Curious on why Solomid XL rather than Duo? In DCF, duo is only an ounce heavier, less expensive, and more spacious.

Shraggs

WKR
Khufu is very close to the Hapi (little narrower) with door oriented on the long side if that is important. However, if you're concerned about rain coming in the door - Hapi/ultamid orientation would have it impact just one end of one or two people while the duo/khufu orientation would have one person take the brunt of it. I'd definitely prefer Hapi/Ultamid orientation if planning to have 2 people. After a little use with the Duo, I also think the Hapi/Ultamid2 door configuration is probably more convenient just getting in and out of the tent, not having to pull a 90 in the back of the tend around the pole.

Curious on why Solomid XL rather than Duo? In DCF, duo is only an ounce heavier, less expensive, and more spacious.

WG, thanks great info. Also in same quest as OP and hopefully this info is helping him.

I have limited experience in a true single mid, but have in my MSR twin sisters and love my hammock. Want a light ground shelter. My attraction to happi and solomid xl is the ability to get rid of the center pole as this bugged me in my msr. I think mids make sense for ease of setup and weather worthiness. Again limited experience to know what will like...

WG, thanks great info. Also in same quest as OP and hopefully this info is helping him.

I have limited experience in a true single mid, but have in my MSR twin sisters and love my hammock. Want a light ground shelter. My attraction to happi and solomid xl is the ability to get rid of the center pole as this bugged me in my msr. I think mids make sense for ease of setup and weather worthiness. Again limited experience to know what will like...

Gotcha. You can get rid of center pole in all of the 2 person mids by going A frame far as I know. To me it seems like the solomidXL still has the same issues with pole in the way, it just doesn't have space on the entrance side of the pole like a duo does.

Mids are simple and light, but I do miss stratospire type head room when using them. The stratospire Li in floorless configuration is still tempting to me.

I have spoken with a couple people that have these, and the condensation is a big issue. One person said they had to sleep with stuff over their face because it was “raining” inside.

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
Waiting on a TarpTent Aeon LI. Should get it next week. Understand its a 1 person, but hoping its not too cramped. Fits all your other specification.