Ultralight Backpacking Tent

piercej

FNG
Tarptent makes a great quality product. The Pitchloc corners do a great job of adding headroom and minimizing weight and footprint. I haven't tried the Stratosphire Li but am very happy with my Hogback and have no issues with condensation. If I were looking for a 2 man, I'd get the Stratosphire Li .

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
couple of recent nights in the Bob

ITV5scy.jpg

DvfAjBh.jpg

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
How are you liking it, and is that the DCF version? Also, have you had it out in any extreme weather yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yup dcf- 16 oz on the nose all in, including stakes. Definitely a solo tent, but decently roomy for such. I'm liking it; obviously it's light, but also easy to setup. Nice to have built in netting and a bathtub floor. It has enough venting options that I've had very little in the way of condensation.

I've had it out in several pretty hard rains, but nothing crazy windy yet.

OSUsmokey

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone checked into Paria Outdoor gear from Colorado? Their Bryce 1p and 2p tents seem to be a steal at that price. Limited reviews out there, but they all seem to be good.

Bcoonce117

Lil-Rokslider
Just curious what y’all think about the outdoor research alpine bivy or if anyone has any experience with it. It weighs in at 20oz I believe, has 1 pole and is great for on the move. I am contemplating one at the moment. My current 2 man tent weighs 5lbs and that ain’t cutting it

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just curious what y’all think about the outdoor research alpine bivy or if anyone has any experience with it. It weighs in at 20oz I believe, has 1 pole and is great for on the move. I am contemplating one at the moment. My current 2 man tent weighs 5lbs and that ain’t cutting it

a buddy of mine had the Alpine bivy; he was meh about it and ended up selling it- condensation issues, not very roomy and for the weight there were better options

Bcoonce117

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I definitely read mixed reviews about the condensation issues. I just want something that’s lightweight, relatively warm. And doesn’t completely break the bank. But I also don’t want to cheap out lol

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yeah I definitely read mixed reviews about the condensation issues. I just want something that’s lightweight, relatively warm. And doesn’t completely break the bank. But I also don’t want to cheap out lol
Buy a Mountainsmith LT shelter then. You can find them under a $100 and it won't be like sleeping in a coffin.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk