Ultralight bivy recommendation

Wanting to get the lightest bivy possible that is big enough to fit my klymit static V luxe pad which is 30 inches wide and also doesn’t have full netting, so far it’s either jimmy tarps or borah gear, anything else I should take a look at? Thanks.

Dirtydan

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot John an email describing what you want. He charged me an extra $10 for a couple custom alterations and I'm very happy with the end product. It's actually my 3rd Borah bivy.

Shoot John an email describing what you want. He charged me an extra $10 for a couple custom alterations and I'm very happy with the end product. It's actually my 3rd Borah bivy.

This^^^^. I have or had several UL bivy’s from Ti Goat, Zpacks, and Borah Gear, and my custom DCF Borah is for sure my favorite with the DCF Zpacks being a distant second. The BG weighs 4.75 oz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirtydan

Lil-Rokslider
I have 2 of mine in the classified if you’re interested. I’m keeping the custom one and offing these others. Mommas never going with me anyway.

HoytHunter24

Lil-Rokslider
I just received my Borah side zip bivy and it works great! Super light and with the wide version i had plenty of room. it only weighs 6.5oz with carrying bag.

+1 for bora so far although I haven’t used it enough to give it the long term vote. They were very responsive to my email requests. Suggested a slight mod and Made the bivy to specs. On my door in 3 weeks. 6oz and all the appearances of a solid piece of kit.

You might be able to shave that to 4 oz with a sol bivy but you give up function and durability. You could also probably get to 4 oz with DCF but you pay 2x the price.

slick

WKR
Thanks- I had a sil chest zip, and ended up getting rid of it. Cuben with U shaped zipper @ 4oz sounds like the bees knees.

Eric4

Lil-Rokslider
Cuben Borah here. Glad I got the wide.

I previously owned a TI Goat, and it was too narrow in the feet, crushing the loft in my bag.

Bryanboss429

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for Borah. I emailed John and told him the specs of my pad. He made a couple of recommendations. The end result was perfect and the customization cost nothing extra. High quality on his products.

AK Troutbum could you snap and share a quick photo of your zipper set up? I have a Borah as well. I needed it quick at the time and couldnt wait for customization. In hind sight I wish I would have had the zipper modified. However, John got it out to me in very short order and was extremely helpful. I also like that by buying borah you are supporting a small town Montana buisness...go Loggers.

I can and will, but I’m currently out of town and won’t be back home until Thursday. It’s basically an upside down U, zippers down both sides and across the chest.

mtnhmr

FNG
I really like my Mountain Laurel Bug bivy 2. Super roomy! 7oz!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Yea, that MLD BB2 looks fab for the shelters he makes. One issue I have with the bivy approach is the movement of the material as it lays on top of you. It would appear MLD is providing a semi free standing option.

AK Troutbum could you snap and share a quick photo of your zipper set up? I have a Borah as well. I needed it quick at the time and couldnt wait for customization. In hind sight I wish I would have had the zipper modified. However, John got it out to me in very short order and was extremely helpful. I also like that by buying borah you are supporting a small town Montana buisness...go Loggers.

Here’s a few pictures.
9cbaf241fddbb01fd51d3adb3cc66ac3.jpg

ef31f5640a26d47f854f19f9c3352aba.jpg

Just under 5 oz. in bag.

bd12c413198b7eda83e5355c2c3d0946.jpg

I also like that by buying borah you are supporting a small town Montana buisness...go Loggers.

I wasn't aware they are based out of Libby, that makes me want to support them more!

I have a cuben wide/reg length side zip that i like a bunch. I would prefer more of a tub bottom like MLD or katabatic but its hard to argue with the value and customization available from borah.