Ultralight Chassis

OP
J
I finally got around to putting this together. It’s not the lightest, and it’s a little under powered, but I still thinks it’s a cool little rifle. It’s pretty lightweight for a chassis rifle without getting carried away with the cost. I’m looking forward to working up some loads for it. If anyone has experimented with 60,000 psi loads , let me know the results. It seems like the action should be able to handle 60,000 psi rather than the 52,000 that the AR platform can handle. If nothing else, it will make a perfect deer gun for my 11 year old.
db1a24df726c4e86f5e6368f878d28bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keepriding

Lil-Rokslider
yeah lightweight guns in general tend to get front heavy. The barrel usually is the main source of a gun's weight. So unless you go bullpup, or a skinny barrel you will feel front heavy with a lighter build.

If you want a lighter chassis with an ergo grip, id say get the XLR carbon. Im not sure how light you want it but I built a faaaiiirly light bolt gun with that chassis. I think chassis weighs about 3.5lbs. Not sure if its as light as you had in mind though. It felt more balanced than the MDT LSS chassis my friend has. Although you can configure the LSS to be lighter than the XLR, it gets pretty dang front heavy if you do that.

TauPhi111

WKR
Q also has the Side Chick for Rem 700 short actions. Pair it with a short barrel and you'd have what you want in whatever you want as long as it'll feed in a short action

OP
J
XLR makes a magnesium chassis with carbon parts that weighs 28oz!

This is cool. I went with the aluminum setup that’s 11 oz heavier, because it was $600 less! If money is no object, 11 oz. is a significant weight savings.

tdot

WKR
Has anyone seen a comparison/review between the new XLR Element 3.0 and the SideChick?

If I go to a chassis, I dont want to lose the length adjustment and I would want a folding stock.

slick

WKR
^ has anyone used the Element 3.0 magnesium chassis yet??

rustyN

Lil-Rokslider
I'm actually in the process of designing my own ultralight chassis for My Tikka CTR. Not completely done yet but should come in around 25oz, unless material choices or the design changes slightly.

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Here are a few images of the Element 3.0 from customers this fall hunting. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions. Ryan Avery also has quite a bit of experience behind the XLR chassis systems including the Aluminum and Magnesium Element 3.0.
IMG_8485.jpg

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Here is a Image of a rifle fully set up with a folding carbon buttstock, 4" Arca rail, 3" Pic rail, MLOK QD adapters on forend, Magazine, Scope, and a 5" Suppressor. Coming in at 10 pounds 2 ounces.