Ultralight Folding Encore (Arrowhead)

Hopefully Luke will chime in here. I'm looking to build the shortest, lightest folding 45 cal Encore possible. The goal for effective range is 300 yards.
Build parts:
1. Encore stainless fame
2. Haus of Arms pic rail stock adapter and folding stock
3. Adjustable peep (Williams FP)
4. Arrowhead 45 cal barrel

My biggest questions are about the barrel. How short can I go, and what kind of flexibility do I have with the contour of it? Anyone have experience with barrels around 22" with LRM primers and BH209?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

LWH723

FNG
Hopefully Luke will chime in here. I'm looking to build the shortest, lightest folding 45 cal Encore possible. The goal for effective range is 300 yards.
Build parts:
1. Encore stainless fame
2. Haus of Arms pic rail stock adapter and folding stock
3. Adjustable peep (Williams FP)
4. Arrowhead 45 cal barrel

My biggest questions are about the barrel. How short can I go, and what kind of flexibility do I have with the contour of it? Anyone have experience with barrels around 22" with LRM primers and BH209?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I wouldn't go below 24" and would recommend 26" for a bh209 gun. You're not gaining much weight reduction with going shorter and you loose sight radius as well as approx 50 fps/in velocity loss with BH209. Not to mention, recoil just gets nasty once you get in sub 7# range.

You have me thinking about high country Colorado elk in September....
Following!
Sorry to burst your bubble, but 50cal minimum for elk in CO.

jeffpg

WKR
No bubble bursting here. I’ve backpack hunted Colorado muzzle loader season multiple times. There’s no reason that I know of that this folding stock option couldn’t be done in 50 cal.