Ultralight Glassing pad/pillow/shooting bag

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Got mine yesterday! I was 90% convinced that he forgot to put it in the box because it was so light!!! I’m very excited to try it out for spring bear! Keeping my butt off the snow will be priceless!

The workmanship on it is flawless! And I tend to be pretty nit picky considering I manufacture stuff myself!

8BBC07AC-C2BC-4870-9B09-C6A041653C39.jpeg

I had never even considered packing something like this in on a BP hunt. I assumed they would be too heavy to justify. But I'm interested. Cool idea.

OP
hereinaz

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I had never even considered packing something like this in on a BP hunt. I assumed they would be too heavy to justify. But I'm interested. Cool idea.
With all gear on a BP hunt, it is a cost benefit. I'd ask you the following:

What kind of BP hunting are you doing?
Are you ever sitting for long periods on the ground?
Would a pillow save your neck and add comfort/better sleep?
Are you carrying something that this could replace for either of the above?

I wanted something to sit on and use as a pillow. I made it for myself first, and when other hunters who hunt like I do saw it, I knew it would be a hit for enough people. Here is my cost/benefit analysis. It is so light, and for me has three consistent and valuable uses that it is worthwhile to carry.

First, as a seat, keeps my behind warm, comfy, clean and dry. I do a lot of sitting while glassing, so it gets used hours every day. Using this keeps me more comfortable and less achy. If I won't be glassing, I might consider leaving it behind.

Second, as a pillow, sleeping well and keeping kinks out of my neck is valuable. I'll be sleeping several hours, so lots of use there. When I consider how many hours I am using the bag every day, and the comfort it brings, it is totally worth it to me. If I left the bag, I would bring an alternative for sure.

The third use is as a support pillow for shooting. This is a nice benefit, not nearly as valuable as the other two. But, when I am in a field position, and could use a little extra support for a shot, I love having it along. I can and have used a jacket, pack, or something else, but its there, quick and easy, so this is a bonus use.

CTXhunter

Lil-Rokslider
This looks awesome. Great idea. For people who are unsure, do not underestimate the power of a rear bag, and one that serves multiple purposes for this weight seems like an absolute no brainer for backcountry hunting.

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’ve taken this thing all over with me since I got it this spring. I’m using it as a pillow for the nap I’m about to take, leaning against a cell tower building, at the highest point in the unit I’m hunting in!

It’s great to use as a glassing pad, and pillow. Haven’t used it as a rear bag yet, but played with it under my gun and I don’t see any issues!

Ken
9F81EAFF-51AB-4D08-BFC7-42DFAA03F3D6.jpeg

OP
hereinaz

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Got some new glamor shots for you, see how I use them. The Ultralight bag under my knee is only about 2.5 ounces.
8980C728-9D9E-48A7-B937-579F0A5E435E.jpeg253ACEEC-86E1-4156-B81B-58E9BEE084D0.jpeg