Ultralight is done....now Ultracheap

OP
16Bore

16Bore

WKR
what are ya'll calling "Wrangler Hiking" pants?
and from walmart or target? are you talking about just what they call the wrangler cargo pants?

No, they’re like a stretchy nylon shell kinda thing at Walmart. There’s some other “Swiss” something brand too.

Fabric is cheap, labels cost $$

Buzby

WKR
Which models of Mora/Victorinox do you all recommend?
I use a few different victorinox in the kitchen, and when processing. Mora for the field, because they come with a sheath, and the edge isn’t as fine. I have a mora 2000 that I like a great deal, but they’re all pretty good. Decide how much blade you want (length, thickness) and go from there.

OP
16Bore

16Bore

WKR
The place to spend “knife money” is in the kitchen where it REALLY counts.

Ask someone to dice an onion and you’ll see pretty quick if they know their way around a blade.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
what are ya'll calling "Wrangler Hiking" pants?
and from walmart or target? are you talking about just what they call the wrangler cargo pants?

I too wondered this at one time....they are actually called "outdoor" pants. Here is a link to website

They have a few different versions

EastMT

WKR
Which models of Mora/Victorinox do you all recommend?

These are the 3 I like. Birds beak for caping is amazing on the head, weighs an oz #47606

The 4” boning knife #47811 is perfect size for backpacking where you don’t need a 5-6” blade. It also has the best curve on the end for skinning, so it’s my favorite all around knife, I think it’s 3oz

The regular boning knife #40514 I carry for bigger game and use for processing.

I made little kydex sheaths for them with that cheap puzzle piece standing foam, c clamp, 2x8.

2074e86d7b870c2893b0c347150f20c1.plist
c79ffd58fe910d47a0d2d60a0e4dd213.plist
e7c359e2c33d6b4249aeef8b85c9f054.plist

I have yet to be begin to procrastinate.

KHNC

WKR
I feel personally attacked.

I killed a bull elk last month with my Savage 110, vortex diamondback hp scope, remington yellow box brass reloads. vortex diamondback binos. Walmart camo hoody. Salomon gtx boots. Walmart wrangler nylon cargo pants. I quartered the thing out with my $15 amazon morakniv. Walmart cotton game bags. Packed it out on a $150 eberlestock frame pack.

Boiled the skull in a walmart turkey fryer and did my first euro mount that's now hanging in my office at work.

View attachment 138483
BUT, you didnt skimp on your boots!

S.Clancy

WKR
Oh, this is my kinda thread!! As my bro (ewade07) would attest, I am super cheap. I'm still wearing the same Stoic softshell pants I bough 10 years ago and the same Big Agnes tent I bought 15 yrs ago. Anything I buy is either used or at least 50% off. I bought an Exo pack for $300 the first year they started. This year i got a Sierra Designs Mtn tarp and LO stove for less than half what Seek Outside bundle would have cost. I still rock vortex diamondback 10x42s and my gun and scope are old, heavy, but is a straight up killer. My method is I calculate how much gas/hunting trips an item costs, then usually decide I'd rather go hunting.

I've never looked through a pair of binos more expensive than a pair of diamondbacks.....ignorance is bliss?

My elk hunting mentor uses diamondbacks and could still spot game quicker than me using $800 - Alpha quality nockers. It’s nice looking through the good stuff but for the way he hunts it didn’t make a difference.

b_young

FNG
Before I buy just about any hunting item I will google search the item name followed by "pro deal". Gotten lucky a few times with a few different items. It's nice getting ultralight AND ultra cheap.