Ultralight is done....now Ultracheap

Check your local army surplus store. Ive bought lots of goodies there for cheap. Goretex parkas, Altima boots, a Granite Gear pack, wool socks, nice leather belt, etc.

KurtR

WKR
I grew up putting bread sacks in my boots to keep my feet dry and hand me down stuff. Suffered and froze sitting in a ditch waiting for geese to fly my uncle didn’t leave till they flew. Then you better not miss because we have to wait till they come backif you do .Learned lots of lessons the hard way. I really value my good gear. I have spent more money on cheap garbage vs just saving and buying quality. But one thing that’s cheap and works is wool mittens with a light pair of gloves.

i've said it before and i'll say it again, thrift shop,merino wools shirts, $2 all day, tons of wool sweaters, silk shirts,golf shirts for windshirts but i won't give up my swaros!

tdot

WKR
Ultra cheap is Ultralight. Dont buy it, then you dont have to pack it. Win-win.

Spend time really figuring out what a "need" is and what a "want" is.

tdot

WKR
Best boning knife out there...

View attachment 138551

What blade is that? I had an older Victorinox that I lost that had a shape similar to that, all the new ones that I've seen have a flat section up until maybe 1.5" from the tip and then the sweep. It just doesnt look or feel the same and my previous one which I recall having a more gentle curve the full length of the blade like yours.

I grew up putting bread sacks in my boots to keep my feet dry and hand me down stuff. Suffered and froze sitting in a ditch waiting for geese to fly my uncle didn’t leave till they flew. Then you better not miss because we have to wait till they come backif you do .Learned lots of lessons the hard way. I really value my good gear. I have spent more money on cheap garbage vs just saving and buying quality. But one thing that’s cheap and works is wool mittens with a light pair of gloves.
I’m VERY new to quality gear. Last year was the first year in about 33 years of big game hunting that I didn’t use a military surplus ALICE pack for hauling them out. (Used a used pack I bought off of here)

Wrangler pants are great, but what’s with the skinny jean cut? My calves make my wrangler pants look “curvy”!

The absolute best “cheap gear hack” I have found is a havalon brand blue plastic scalpel handle and a bulk pack of 100 blades.

Jpeezer

FNG
Mossberg Patriot, 6.5 hipster and 30-06. Cheap and shoot lights out.

Burris E1 and Vortex Diamondback scopes

Love them Wrangler pants folks are talking about.

Maven C1 binos

DIY gun bearer and ultralight game bags

Jbake108

FNG
Wrangler pants are the best 25$. Go to Wally World you can’t miss em they have a ton of sizes and colors.