Ultralight Mosquito Bivy for Cimarron

treillw

WKR
What's the best lightweight way for two people to hide from mosquitos inside a Seek Outside Cimarron? The Seek nest weighs more than my DCF Cimarron.

Thanks!

tdot

WKR
If it's just for sleeping, then 2 ultralight bug Bivy's would likely be the lightest. I use and like my Borah Gear hybrid bivy in DCF, roughly 10oz for two bivy's (you have to contact Borah about making this bivy, it's not on their site). But MLD, Enlightened Equipment along with others also make them.

The lightest nests I've seen personally were from Locus Gear. They have a number of tents, something may match the Cimarron. Or contact them, they made me a custom sized tent for no extra charge.

Reactions: WRM

stephane110

Lil-Rokslider
Borah Bivy has some nice options, I think that’s a better option for each person to have their own bivy rather than a full net for the entire tent

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
Is there a way to put netting around your sleeping bag opening or something? It shouldn't take much.

Could be problematic if it's hot out and you don't want to be in your bag ..

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
They usually only come in while the door flap is tied open, usually don't fly in under the edges of the tipi.If one or two get in they generally just buzz around up near the peak
I'm skeptical of those blood thirsty demons... haha

I feel like they always find a way to get to me.

gexpro

WKR
Classified Approved
borah bivy or mountain laurel both make great ultra light DCF bug bivvys. ive used them for when i would camp in buggy areas using the Cimarron.

Reactions: WRM