Ultralight stock w/ more vertical grip?

tdot

WKR
I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I'm looking for an ultralight stock in the 18-22 ounce range with something approaching a vertical grip.

All of the stocks that I've found in that weight class have a much more traditional swept back grip. Anything with a grip closer to vertical is in the range of 28-30 ounces.

I have a goal to build a 5.5 pound rifle and it ain't happening with a 28ounce stock.

6.5x284

WKR
My AG Visigoth was 24 oz exactly. My Alterra Carbon Hunter is 24 oz as well. Hard to go lower than those with a vertical grip still. Good luck, let us know what you find, I'd be curious myself.

OP
T

tdot

WKR
Found out about the Paradigm carbon stock, supposedly 16-17oz. It looks like the stock I've been looking for, so I've ordered one.

6.5x284

WKR
Found out about the Paradigm carbon stock, supposedly 16-17oz. It looks like the stock I've been looking for, so I've ordered one.

Let us know the real world weight when you get it, and take a picture. Haven't seen any photo's of their new hunter stock, only their A5. What was the lead time?

OP
T

tdot

WKR
Let us know the real world weight when you get it, and take a picture. Haven't seen any photo's of their new hunter stock, only their A5. What was the lead time?

It was in stock at a retailer here in Canada. So a couple days to ship.

I should have it in my hands today.

@madcalfe has posted photos of his rifle in a couple threads on the Sheep forum. It's how I found out about this stock.

7wssm

FNG
Are you into thumbhole stocks? CA has their stock from the mountain Ti model which comes in at about 16 oz I believe.

OP
T

tdot

WKR
Is this the paradigm stock? That things gotta be stupid light with the 20oz Evo ti action.
Yes, it's the Paradigm.

I have a Defiance AntiX ordered as well, so it should be virtually the same weight as the Evo plus the rail. I'm excited to see how light this rifle will finish at.

Last edited:

khuber84

WKR
Yes, it's the Paradigm.

I have a Defiance AntiX ordered as well, so it shouls be virtually the same weight as the Evo plus the rail. I'm excited to see how light this rifle will finish at.
I need to call Matt and get one these. I'm building a Terminus Apollo lite 6.5 saum, 21" supressed setup. This stock would be the ticket. I've been waiting over a year for two barrels, and I'm just gonna tell him to ship a stock instead. What's the snowy bottom metal weigh? I already have a Hawkins hunter dbm, its pretty light, but I know the terminus bottom metal is even lighter.

madcalfe

WKR
I need to call Matt and get one these. I'm building a Terminus Apollo lite 6.5 saum, 21" supressed setup. This stock would be the ticket. I've been waiting over a year for two barrels, and I'm just gonna tell him to ship a stock instead. What's the snowy bottom metal weigh? I already have a Hawkins hunter dbm, its pretty light, but I know the terminus bottom metal is even lighter.
the snowy mountain botttom metal and 3 round steel AICS weighs 9oz i believe the mags are 6oz

madcalfe

WKR
the final weight of my gun is 5.4lbs parts are
defiance anti SA
20" Proof Sendero chambered in .300wsm
trigger tech special
PVA ultralight jetblast
spartan bipod adapter

definitely could be at the 5lbs mark with a Proof Sendero light and no muzzle brake.

madcalfe

WKR
there list price is 2338$ CDN i got it for 15% off. it was 2375$ with 2 AICS mags.
it also comes with bottom metal at that price.

i do see the price went up almost 100$ since i bought it a month ago though

Last edited:
there list price is 2338$ CDN i got it for 15% off. it was 2375$ with 2 AICS mags.
it also comes with bottom metal at that price.

i do see the price went up almost 100$ since i bought it a month ago though

You Canadians pay obscene prices for shooting stuff so it’s hard to convert that to what it would cost in the states. I can at least deduct that they cost a lot though😂

OP
T

tdot

WKR
The funny thing is the Paradigm was only a couple hundred more then my McMillan Game Hunter, edge fill. Considering I wont need to pay the smith to bed the action, it's maybe $100 cost difference. Not often you can save 12oz on a rifle, for about $100Cdn.

Last edited: