Ultralight Tripod and Head

OP
H

Hunthigh1

WKR
Update....

I ended up purchasing a Siuri T1204X and pairing with Manfrotto 700RC2 Head.

One hunting season and one shed season later, im pretty darn happy. The 1204X is a four piece instead of 5 piece leg. I prefer it because it is seemingly more stable at extended height. I can use this setup standing or sitting.

I have found that while it doesnt pack down super small, its just small enough for my backpack hunts. I always carry a full size pack, even when hunting on short trips so that i can begin packing meat immediately. . .

Redmech

FNG
I didn't see it mentioned, but has anyone used the Amazon Basics Compact carbon fiber. 2.4# 54" height and right at 80$. Be good for setting down and glassing.

Tunsei

FNG
Id throw another brand into the mix that makes good quality reasonable price carbon tripods - check out oben

STAGHOUND

FNG
Sirui 2-004SK compact tripod and the Promaster SPCH20 head these two are a ultra light combo especially the tripod.

Bones

WKR
I was about to buy the tricer, then came across this. Going to give it a go when the tripod shows up tomorrow.

Bones

WKR
I decided to modify the above a bit and heat up the leg base to remove the entire legs. Once I get the upper trekking pole sections I ordered, I am going to cut them off and epoxy into the leg base, then utilize the bottom 2 sections of the trekking poles. Will post photos when done

For ultralight weight check out Wiser precision quick stix with the tripod attachment. Turns your hiking poles into shooting sticks and a very lightweight tripod

LRJammer

FNG
Much prefer the pan head over the ball, for the simple reason of panning side to side on the same plane. Then raise or lower the head and pan on that plane. With the ball it just seems to flop around with no precision.
Many ball heads have an isolated panning function. Very common.