Ultravid Hd vs Slc

golfbum

WKR
Just picked up a mint set of Slc HD’s (will be here in a few days) but I was planning on jumping on some Ultravid Hd or Hd+.

I have never looked through either but what are the thoughts between these two?

price would be in the same ballpark with the slc being a little cheaper.

plus and minus of either would be awesome!

thanks guys!

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Glass quality is extremely comparable between the Ultravids and the SLCs. The biggest difference between these two binos is the ergonomics. Most guys tend to think the SLC's feel more comfortable than the Ultravids. The SLCs are just more sleek. Either way you can't go wrong. the SLCs and the Ultravids are both exceptional.

JGRaider

WKR
Plus you get to deal with a company, Swarovski, that knows how to go the extra mile to take care of it's customers. Leica USA customer service shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence with Swaro, which is but one reason why Swaro is kicking Leica's azzzz in sales, and has been for a while. After the treatment I received on my Geovid's a year and a half ago I'll never buy another Leica, I don't care how good they are. Their half assed used/demo warranty is further proof that they won't stand behind what they sell.

I have had both and both have great glass I would say the Leica HD and the SLC are about 6s with the HD+'s just a smidge better to my eyes. But ergonomics of the SLC's at 10x better than the Ultravids. I have heard of problems with Leica Customer service but when I owned mine I had to use the warranty once and did not have a problem.

USMC2602

WKR
Anyone have a better Leica customer service number than (800) 222-0118? I call and press #2, but it just rings and then says that number is not answering.

Edit: Must have just been the telephone system yesterday. Called again today, answered quickly, sending me the return authorization.

Last edited:
Sir, I'm sorry you're in need of service on a Leica product, but I'd be happy to help. If as I see by your profile, you're located in Kansas, your customer care representative is Stacey McHenry and can be reached directly at [email protected] Feel free to message me directly as well.