Ultraview Hinge vs. Stan Perfex Resistance

cvanman

Lil-Rokslider
I am currently shooting the Stan Perfex Resistance. I am interested in the Ultraview Hinge, but it looks like there is a bit of a difference in neck length.

I would like to find a local retailer in North Texas to try one out but their website doesn't list any resellers / retailers. it looks like they are only sold online through Ultraview.

Anyone with experience with both would be greatly appreciated.

Zac

WKR
I shoot both, had to shorten my loop with the Ultraview. Well worth it however, shoot much better with the UV.

OP
cvanman

cvanman

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot both, had to shorten my loop with the Ultraview. Well worth it however, shoot much better with the UV.
How much did you have to shorten it?

OP
cvanman

cvanman

Lil-Rokslider
How much did you have to shorten it?
My current D Loop is about 3/4". I don't know that I could shorten it anymore without getting into a string torque issue.

D S 319

WKR
I’m looking to sell my brass hinge if you’re interested. I really liked it. Just switched to the truball goat and it has a hinge mode as well as the button so don’t need both.

wapitibob

WKR
My current D Loop is about 3/4". I don't know that I could shorten it anymore without getting into a string torque issue.

Drop down to 5/8 and use bcy 23 and you'll be fine.

The Ultraview is the cleanest release I've ever shot but inconsistent. If it works for you, you'll really like it.

Zac

WKR
As the last post stated 5/8 should work just fine. I don't really know exactly how much I shortened it. I just tie them until they feel right. I have 2 of the UV hinges both with the hunting brackets. I don't think I will ever shoot another release. The reason the neck is longer is because it allows it to be drawn straight back instead of having to use the thumb peg. Not a huge deal but you can settle into anchor quicker, without having to shift it in hand.

db.cannon

FNG
i'm still waiting on the supposed stan perfex hinge that people keep whispering about on archery talk. not sure if or when it's coming but that should match your perfexR if it's ever released.

OP
cvanman

cvanman

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking to sell my brass hinge if you’re interested. I really liked it. Just switched to the truball goat and it has a hinge mode as well as the button so don’t need both.
How much?