Umm holy moly........ 1700 dollar tent. WOW....

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Nice thanks for the link. I may have to start looking at this stuff closely. Pretty amazing stuff for Tarp Tent. Im in the process of designing my own. May have to go with this stuff.

TheRambler

Lil-Rokslider
Cuben fiber is very loud and noisy just in case you didn't know. Some people really hate it for that reason. It is commonly described as "crinkly". But there are a lot of small cottage industries that make tarps with it. I really like the Cuben tarps from www.hammockgear.com, Adam makes top notch gear for great prices. I own several of his quilts and a Cuben tarp.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
wow those are some nice looking tents could see replacing my old mountainsmith 4 man tipi with the luna 4or5 at under 1.5 pounds thats impressive my 4 man tipi is 5lbs.you have any experiance with his tents.

I have heard nothing but great things. He currently is putting perimeter bug netting on my GoLite SL5.

bbrown

WKR
Bigfish - I have talked with John at Bearpaw several times (and probably annoyed the $hit out of him) and I will have him make me a nest for my Oware pyramid here soon - seems like a stand up dude but I have not actually bought anything from him yet.

bigfish b.c

Lil-Rokslider
cool thanks for the info guys i will have to call him,anybody have much experience with the cuben fiber i have done some reading but not allot on it.

cmeier117

WKR
I have the standard sil nylon version of this tent coming to review and play with. It is a $500 tent but man you could get a lighter and way cheaper tent than this. I wonder how many they have sold??

cmeier117

WKR
It is really not even that light? I mean you can get a Squall 2 made by tarp tent and it weighs 3 ounces more for $1,450 cheaper.