Uncomp vs brooks

I am trying to decide between the two. Due to noise I rarely run a puffy unless real cold and even then as a base layer. I hear the brooks isnt that warm but would prefer to just own one puffy. Most my huntng is backpack style for archery till the snow hits then just day hunts when rifle season kicks in

JB64

Lil-Rokslider
The Uncompahgre is a good puffy. very compressible and functional. In the Northeast, I use the Puffy Vest version quite a bit as well, especially as a layering piece beneath my outer layer. I have no experience with the Brooks and recently sold a KIfaru Lost Park Parka in favor of a Sitka Kelvin Lite Hoody basically because due to the lack of compressibility relative to the Sitka Kelvin Lite product. All things being equal, I would go with synthetic over down, but thats just me. Most puffy jackets are probably going to be "loud" when cold, meaning as the temps drop, the nylon shell definitely seems to get stiff and therefor more audible as it moves.

OP
B
Thanks I have had two kuiu down jackets his original his second version suer light and packable but not would I would call warm. Im moving away from kuiu customer service and sizing issues have wore me out. been going down hill since Jason passed and they are an hour from my house still have an original guide jacket and few pair of pants the attacks are just money