Uncomparghe under solitude

Lowg08

WKR
As anyone tried this set up? If so down to what temperature? I know the solitude is much more packable than the sanctuary or fanatic. I will be trying to incorporate this in to backpack hunting 3+ miles in the Appalachian mountains either sitting in the ground or a tree saddle. With appropriate layers of course

I would not really characterize the solitude as packable. It might be moreso than the other jackets you mentioned but it's still a beast. Are you talking about the unc jacket or vest? Vest no problem but jacket would be tough, especially in the sleeves.

I have done that.

I am pretty comfortable in my solitude set with decent base layers down into to around freezing or the mid 20s. I got a cold snap two years ago and wore them with an umcomphagre, grid fleece and lightweight merino top upstairs and grid fleece under a set of pants with the bibs on top down stairs. I put the solitude set on once I walked in 1-2 miles. I had a good hat and boots and used chemical hand warmers in the bid hand warmer pocket instead of gloves. I sat two mornings in that rig in temps that started at 12-15* and went to 25*.

it works but that bulk starts to restrict movement. I also have my solitude set sized big for that type of layering. I have a pet theory that puffys lose a lot of insulation value when compressed under tight outer layers. Consider a compression bag if you are going to haul that bulky clothing. I used a kifaru compression sack and threw that in my pack.