Unconventional Hunting Rigs

too bad you cant sleep sideways in that. it would really be appealing.

Why would that make any difference? My new truck is a short bed but it doesn't matter because the tent goes up with the tailgate down. Are you over 7' tall? The black mattress I had made (shown previously) is 80" long.

rayporter

WKR
lot more room if you could sleep across the front instead of using all the area between the wheel wells.

i made a rig to sleep two right out of high school with the bunks over the wheel wells. we managed well enough, but back then we would have slept under the truck [ in canada with skeeters and flies and gnats and all]

want more room now days, is all.

When that Iron Bull bumper was sandblasted for color-matching, it looked like something Fred Flintstone chiseled by hand. All kinds of holes and gashes and the lines weren't even close! I was so pissed!!! Powder coating hides a lot.

Bumper1.jpg
bumper2.jpg

Took weeks of grinding and lapping to make it look right. They claim to fit but that's a lie. Major pain-in-the-arse getting it mounted squarely and I have to take it off and remount it after weeks offroad to get it properly aligned. Looks nice but damn.

IMG_1358.JPG
IMG_1359.JPG
IMG_1360.JPG

When that Iron Bull bumper was sandblasted for color-matching, it looked like something Fred Flintstone chiseled by hand. All kinds of holes and gashes and the lines weren't even close! I was so pissed!!! Powder coating hides a lot.

View attachment 158064
View attachment 158065

Took weeks of grinding and lapping to make it look right. They claim to fit but that's a lie. Major pain-in-the-arse getting it mounted squarely and I have to take it off and remount it after weeks offroad to get it properly aligned. Looks nice but damn.

View attachment 158066
View attachment 158067
View attachment 158068

Wow!! That looks like a shit ton of work, but it definitely looks kick ass now! Great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow!! That looks like a shit ton of work, but it definitely looks kick ass now! Great job.

Bruce. I second what troutbum said. Great job! Your final product I think would look great on my 14 ram but I don’t have the space or skills to do a project like that. So bummed about it too because that bumper looks great while not being freakishly large like so many winch bumpers.