Under Armour Alpine ops parka and pants

Wanting to get some down gear for cold sits/glassing.

Have some kuiu synthetics for active hunts.

What are thoughts on the UA stuff. Good sales on right now. Only downside is I can’t get any UA alpine pants in Canada right now.

bryan79

FNG
I have the ua alpine ops pants and have used them down into the teens and they have kept my legs pretty toasty. They are a large and wish I would have got xl. I am 6’1 with 36 inch waist. Only complaint is the zipper catches sometimes. Overall pretty good value imho

OP
H
I have the ua alpine ops pants and have used them down into the teens and they have kept my legs pretty toasty. They are a large and wish I would have got xl. I am 6’1 with 36 inch waist. Only complaint is the zipper catches sometimes. Overall pretty good value imho
Yeah seemed like good value for 800 fill down Zip-off.

How’s the shell material? Noise etc? Doesn’t look like the typical shiny smooth ripstop like most down coats.

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider
What’s the weight on them? I just recently got the Medium size OR trade craft pants they are 16oz just wondering on these Alpine Ops pants.

bryan79

FNG
What’s the weight on them? I just recently got the Medium size OR trade craft pants they are 16oz just wondering on these Alpine Ops pants.
Looks to be about the same

Attachments

• 26A44A65-C7AA-4547-B2BF-98DD3ABC41F5.jpeg
    26A44A65-C7AA-4547-B2BF-98DD3ABC41F5.jpeg
    284.5 KB · Views: 22

bryan79

FNG
Yeah seemed like good value for 800 fill down Zip-off.

How’s the shell material? Noise etc? Doesn’t look like the typical shiny smooth ripstop like most down coats.
Seems fairly durable, a little noisy definitely quieter than kuiu super down ultra. It’s more of a matte finish. I do use them for tree stand hunting.

Attachments

• B49EB581-C69E-4F5E-A3A0-9406056DB677.jpeg
    B49EB581-C69E-4F5E-A3A0-9406056DB677.jpeg
    423.4 KB · Views: 11
OP
H
Seems fairly durable, a little noisy definitely quieter than kuiu super down ultra. It’s more of a matte finish. I do use them for tree stand hunting.
Are you treestand bowhunting?

I hunt northern Saskatchewan in November, run into the issue of needing to stay warm, but quiet. Tried First lite sanctuary set and wind cut through. Starting to think down is the answer to warmth if I can pair with some fleece ti be quiet enough.

bryan79

FNG
Are you treestand bowhunting?

I hunt northern Saskatchewan in November, run into the issue of needing to stay warm, but quiet. Tried First lite sanctuary set and wind cut through. Starting to think down is the answer to warmth if I can pair with some fleece ti be quiet enough.
Yes tree stand bowhunting. I would think that combo would work good.