Under Armour Gore Tex Pro shell

Does anyone here have experience with UA gore Tex Pro rain gear in comparison to some of the popular high-end options like Kuiu or Sitka or Arc'teryx?

I was checking them out in the store the other night and they felt as though they were pretty high quality. The shell material felt like it wouldn't be whisper quiet, but it did feel like it would be burly enough to bushwack and last 5 to 10 years. They are pricey off the rack, but they can be found at a discount various places online.

I was pretty torn looking at that and an arcterx one but went with the arcterx. I would be interested to hear peoples opinions on the UA though.

i mean they buy the textile from gore. I would think it boils down to the process they use to apply dwr and how well they seam tape and athletic fit of the jacket. imo

I've been doing a bunch of research on shells. to me it seem the most important factor is how the fabic wets out and how long until it wets out.

OP
H
Yea I think the shell isn't going to wet out. It almost seemed to be somewhat of a vinyl type material. I doubt that it's breathability is anything to brag about. But they seemed to be relatively lightweight for how well built they seemed. The outer layer on the inside that goes against your skin or other clothing didn't seem to be as burly or thick as some that I've seen, so if there is a weak point, I bet that would be it, or possibly the seams as mentioned above.

It would be great to hear what the weight of the pants are if someone on this site has a pair.

OP
H
Unless your in love with that Camo pattern b I think you can do better for price.

I'd actually rather have a solid color. I agree that there are probably others that are better for full store price. I was just inspired to find some relatively cheaply since I just found a new pair of their down pants for $80 on eBay!

I'd actually rather have a solid color. I agree that there are probably others that are better for full store price. I was just inspired to find some relatively cheaply since I just found a new pair of their down pants for $80 on eBay!

That is a pretty good deal.

RemiR7

Lil-Rokslider
I had it and eventually got rid of it. I used it as a wind blocker and rain jacket For tree stand hunting and while it’s not the most lightest, breathable, or quietest, it’s definitely worth a purchase I believe. Yes it does wet out. I used it during a shed hunt with a very light rain bushwhacking through low level brush and it eventually soaked through completely. While I think it is durable for sure it is not breathable by any means. The only other rain jacket I can compare it to is the Sitka flash pullover and to me they are completely different pieces.

Pathfinder27

Lil-Rokslider
I have it and just wore it on a southeast Alaska black bear hunt. It rained non stop for the first half of the trip so I wore it a lot. It was too warm for the jacket so I sweat like crazy but was happy to have it. I like that the back panel has stretch so it doesn’t bind. Zippers and pockets worked great. Good adjustment is good.

My only complaint is the miserable adjustment of the wrist. I swear under armour hasn’t got a single person on staff who actually eats their clothes. I like their stuff except every piece I own has one feature like that wrist closure that is nothing short of an afterthought.

Attachments

• 564AB434-522A-4D42-9AFA-F214AF20538D.jpeg
    564AB434-522A-4D42-9AFA-F214AF20538D.jpeg
    369.4 KB · Views: 30
That’s a big bear! What specifically didn’t you like about the wrist closure?

I have it and just wore it on a southeast Alaska black bear hunt. It rained non stop for the first half of the trip so I wore it a lot. It was too warm for the jacket so I sweat like crazy but was happy to have it. I like that the back panel has stretch so it doesn’t bind. Zippers and pockets worked great. Good adjustment is good.

My only complaint is the miserable adjustment of the wrist. I swear under armour hasn’t got a single person on staff who actually eats their clothes. I like their stuff except every piece I own has one feature like that wrist closure that is nothing short of an afterthought.

Pathfinder27

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks. It’s a bear of a lifetime for me. The wrist closure Velcro is very short and the adjustments are worthless. It seems like almost every jacket on earth has this figured out. Why UA has a wonky short system is beyond me

Hooverfb

Lil-Rokslider

To be fair, I dont eat clothes in general..