UnderArmer Boots?

Tookeymonster

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone use them or know someone that has? Any lagit thoughts?

I have a lot of there products.....because of the quality and durability and fit.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have used their tactical boot for a couple of years now. Lightweight compared to the Oakley or Danners I have worn in the past. So far they have held up well, which is about 200 days a year. The ones I use have no waterproof properties . They also are real comfortable, more like an athletic shoe than boot.

OR Archer

WKR
Been wearing the Speed Freaks since they came out. It is by far the best boot I have worn. Lightweight and comfortable. Haven't had a single issue with my feet ever getting wet, even on creek crossings. Cant say enough good things about these boots.

sk1

WKR
no personal experience but my father-in-law bought them for his first ever elk hunt with me last year, he absolutely loved them from the first mile.....really lightweight and comfortable, he still tells me how much he loves them

OP
Tookeymonster

Tookeymonster

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. I really want a pair of the light weight ones but I need a pair for 2nd season elk October 22nd-30th in Colorado at 9-10k ft.

What weight of insulations should I look at 400,1000......? Will most likely be doing some good hikeing, no horeses.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think the insulation is personal preference as everyone will have different needs depending on how cold their feet get normally. I would say get the same insulation weight you have used in the past. 1000 grammers are warm, I would say if your are hiking, I would scratch them off the list.

OP
Tookeymonster

Tookeymonster

Lil-Rokslider
I have only bow hunted in the mountains and most of my hunting has been in Lausanne and Texas. So snow and Hunting is fairly new to me, my lightweight hikers have been good for September @ 12,000' with some light snow.

I hunt in 400 gram boots during the later Colorado Rifle seasons. I think that is the perfect amount of thinsulate. I would not use 1,000 unless you are sitting in a tree stand in Iowa in Dec.

MAC2

FNG
Just purchased speed freaks seem very comfortable and light weight and are suppose to be waterproof and cheaper than boots that i went to purchase that were not even close to being as comfortable

Chem-E

Lil-Rokslider
Love the Ridge Reepers. these are light weight for thier size. they breath well when its hot in september and are very warm with a good lpair of socks when its cold. I did put a pair of superfeet in them though. they were very kind on my feet while breaking in as well. these are a full height boot with lots of support for heavy loads, but hike like a standard trail boot.

eleaf

FNG
I use the Speed Freeks and love them. I have about 35-40 miles on them so the jury is out on longevity, but I have used them in snow (4-6") and they kept my feet dry and comfortable. I have also done a creek crossing with them, but the water was much deeper than the boot so I got drenched, but being soaked didn't make them tighten up or rub.

For me they had virtually no break in period. Take them out of the box, put them on and hike.

akrdkill

WKR
got the siberias. comfortable & good boot for colder climates or slow moving in cold weather. they're about the most comfortable boot I've worn

LaHunter

WKR
I have a pair of the speed freaks and have had them for about a year and a half. They are very comfortable to me and fit like an athletic shoe more than a boot. Very light wt and mine have remained waterproof so far. I only use them during warmer weather scouting / hunting. I like mine a lot. I would not consider them to be a boot suited for aggressive terrain / mountain use though. There is not much ankle support and the soles are not very stiff either.

jdmdavey

Lil-Rokslider
Hunted two seasons in Speed Freaks. All Early hunts, but last year we did have 6"-8" of snow. Stayed dry and warm for the most part. They are not a boot for heavy packing. Like others have mentioned they are more or less an athletic boot. But, that being said they are SUPER quiet. You can be extremely sneaky in these bad boys if you need to. Also the plyable sole does help when hiking on large rocks, you stick very well as your feet conform to the surface of the rock. All in all I am happy with them for an early season type boot.