Underspined?

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
Another spine question for everyone. I just switched to 30” draw from 29”. Once I tweak my draw length some more I am assuming I will be just below 30”.

my current arrows are axis 300 at 28.625”. 166gn upfront total. probably 45gn in the back. Total arrow weight is 527. New arrows will be 29.625”.

bow is a halon 6. IBO 345, 70lb

I haven’t had time to see if I am getting bad flight or not. Shot a bit and things seem ok.

I will be ordering new arrows either way as my current arrows are to short now. I really don’t want to order more IWO collars as I doubt they will fit the 260 spine So hoping to stay at 300.

thanks.

Last edited:

Zac

WKR
I shoot 260 Axis with IW collars. You may be okay due to having a lot of weight in the back. Dudley shoots a 300 Axis and he has a 31 inch draw. You could probably get away with it if you shoot a low profile mechanical. I would put broadheads through it and see how that works. Probably should just go with 260 if your on the fence. If you put it through a chronograph you could use something like Archers Advantage.

OP
R

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
So I purchased the Archers Advantage. Great program.

I ran my numbers. at 29.625" which will be my new arrow length, it says I am slightly underspined with a 300 axis. I played with my fletching weight and for some reason by adding fletching weight to my arrow it says it weakens it. Is this a glitch to the program or I am out to lunch?

Cheers.

2blade

WKR
I ran my numbers. at 29.625" which will be my new arrow length, it says I am slightly underspined with a 300 axis. I played with my fletching weight and for some reason by adding fletching weight to my arrow it says it weakens it. Is this a glitch to the program or I am out to lunch?

Its a glitch, adding weight to the back stiffens the spine. weight to the front weakens it.

Beendare

WKR
I shoot an Axis 300 cut 28 1/4" with a heavy insert [50gr or 75gr, I can't remember exactly] and a 150 gr BH....500gr arrow, tunes great with BH's.

I think you can shoot either the 300's or the 260's no problem.

_______