Underwear- What, how many, how many days.... TP, Handi Wipes or Paper Towels....

Definitely use a guard. I made the mistake of trying to carefully run a Wahl Peanut over my balls without a guard and ended but getting my sack mangled/chewed up in the clippers. Never again.
Ha! I was talking about shaving your a** in regards to wiping, but yeah- I learned the hard way in regards to clippers and balls too. Nicked them with a 1/2 guard as well. I only use “sensitive skin” razors after that.
One day I might work up the nerve to try one of those manscape lawnmower trimmers.

I may never get my sleep or clothing system nailed down but I have it figured out as far as the undercarriage goes.
  • Culo clean
  • Smart water bottle
  • TP
  • 1 pair of exofficio
I’ll never go back. I don’t know what’s going on with the average male downstairs but even in my most neglectful spans I’ve never had any of the problems described here (rot? Wtf?) Will Smith put it best. If you fell down in your yard and smeared dog shit all up your arm, would you just take a dry paper towel to it and call it good?

Rob5589

WKR
LOL

That mountain house 'fart' sounds more like a full on liquid shart if it almost cost you your boots. I've had Clif bars produce some untrustworthy farts, but thankfully never any accidental discharges.

Man, I have some lactose intolerance at times and had eaten a Peak stroganoff meal last season for dinner. In the middle of the night, I went from dead asleep to wide awake in about 5 seconds in a most dire situation. I scrambled out of my truck, desperately searching for my headlamp so I could see while also trying to put on my camp Crocs. I threw that thing across my forehead, well my eyes mostly, and began frantically searching for some clean up supplies. I finally located some wipes and did this walk/dance/waddle away from camp all in the hopes of averting disaster. Well, lets just say I was able to avoid a heinous catastrophe, just in the nick of time. I came home and sold the other stroganoffs I had left. There was no way I was tempting that devil again.

MattDisc

FNG
This is gunna be a fun one :ROFLMAO:

Okay, I'm not new to this and have my own plan of attack for this. Of recent I've been using Exoficcios (hunting and daily actually), bring two pairs on anywhere from a 4 day to 10 day hunt and obviously this story problems answer says I will change half way through. This is rare though, I've rolled back home many times in the same pair I left with. Don't judge me😇

My wife thinks I'm nuts, disguising and she said she couldn't even talk to me about this when I got back from my last hunt. Funny thing is we've been married for 15 years, so this ain't nothing new, but coming up now... Why? Well, in full disclosure, I developed a fairly significant, irritation in my nether region. It only lasted a couple days and I just accredited it to a heat rash or maybe my Exofficos are worn out and not a soft as they used to be, which I've heard guys say happens. Well, my wife said it's because I don't change my underwear daily, because I don't cleanse my nether region daily and my skin is ROTTING:sick::confused:😂

Let's hear it! Underwear- type/days, handi wipes, TP or paper towels and general backcountry hygiene?????

Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the good laugh 😁

Missahba

Lil-Rokslider
Surprisingly nobody shared the through-hiker ultralight leave no trace crowd’s methods with NO: TP, wipes, paper towels, or bidet. They will use snow, rocks, vegetation. Followed up by a bare-handed wash with water from their bottle or bladder. And they might just go commando to alleviate the underwear dilemma and save weight.

I typically take 2 extra pair. Just prepared for unexpected surprises. 1 roll of TP and a pack of wet wipes & you are good

Missahba

Lil-Rokslider
For the record, I’m a fan of shaving a week before, TP, wipes, gold bond travel size, and ex-officio. 4-5 days out of a pair.

ReefJones

Lil-Rokslider
+1 for daily wipes. I bring two pairs and treat one like a backup. It's easier to run one pair for longer depending on the weather -- did a Nevada hunt in August at 10K feet, lots of climbing and lots of sweating and really put one pair to the test for six days.

Here's a controversial opinion: I really don't like the hunting brands underwear, especially merino stuff. It just doesn't hold up and gets saggy. I've been running Nike compression tights/shorts or the sorta Speedo you'd wear doing an Ironman for the last few years. Been extremely happy going that way. Oh -- one caveat -- the Stone Glacier tights are an exception to this. They're fleece, for cold weather, they hold up for days, and they rule.

Another little thing that I'll probably regret sharing because they'll now just be sold out all of the time -- but Nike makes a compression combat tight that I used to wear playing football that is PERFECT for antelope hunting -- it has very low profile built in knee and hip pads -- and I've worn them for days at time crawling around after antelope.
Do they wick away moisture though? What about the stank? Do they manage that or nah?
Thanks,
Reef

yakattak

FNG
I typically do two pairs. Rock one as long as I can, then swap to the second. Then I package of wet wipes and a half a roll of quality TP.

idig4au

WKR
Pretty much the same approach as others. Manscape fully on regular basis as part of routine.

-1 extra pair of Arc’teryx phase SL boxers for a 10 day backcountry trip. Merino feels clammy and itchy on my junk

-TP plus 2 wet wipes per MH deposit. PrepH wet wipes work well too for any irritation from backpack diet effects

-sponge clean as often as possible with some wilderness wash-weighs nothing in pack

-avoid MH chili Mac to protect boxer shorts, sleep system and the wilderness in general.

Chirogrow

Lil-Rokslider
I bring wet wipes and the blue mechanic hand towels because they’re much more durable. I bring Vaseline to stop the chafing