Underwear- What, how many, how many days.... TP, Handi Wipes or Paper Towels....

OP
Rhino

Rhino

FNG
A member of this forum put me onto Culo Clean. It's been good so far under quarantine at home 'field' testing. I'll be using for hunting.

I’ll check that stuff out. Is there MSG in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Rhino

Rhino

FNG
A member of this forum put me onto Culo Clean. It's been good so far under quarantine at home 'field' testing. I'll be using for hunting.

Oh no, just looked it up and definitely no MSG, but a bidet?!?!! Can’t do it, sorry. Too each their own, but my packs full

OP
Rhino

Rhino

FNG

Okay, all joking aside. This Amazon review almost has me sold

Give yourself some squirts of pure Joy!

Amazing product. Squirts a really nice stream at your starfish and cleans your whole bum-hole area very well. Just don’t use a thin plastic 16.9 oz water bottle as a water source... the bottle is too fragile and you get “almost enough” water to finish the job. Instead, use a thicker plastic bottle like a discarded plastic 20oz soda bottle to get a generous amount of fudge cleaner, leaving you with a super refreshed clean feeling at the poop chute. One 20 oz fill up will clean you up fabulously after dropping the kids off at the pool. With a little practice your aim will improve and you will never go back to just paper again, not even at home.

jfs82

WKR
Oh no, just looked it up and definitely no MSG, but a bidet?!?!! Can’t do it, sorry. Too each their own, but my packs full

Bidets are seriously life changing. Just made the switch this last year

I use REI brand underwear, I liked them much better than Ex officio & Patagonia. They’ve changed their underwear though, not sure if for the better.
The next pair I try will be the Saxx Quest.

Toiletries: usually a half roll of toilet paper and some wipes.

Since we’re all over-sharing here- shaving makes clean up a breeze and cuts your tp use in half. Just gotta time the shaving right, as there’s a few days after shaving where the stubble can be irritating.

OP
Rhino

Rhino

FNG
Bidets are seriously life changing. Just made the switch this last year

Really, crap! No PUN intended, but my futures probably got on in it, but not as long as I can wipe myself

OP
Rhino

Rhino

FNG
I use REI brand underwear, I liked them much better than Ex officio & Patagonia. They’ve changed their underwear though, not sure if for the better.
The next pair I try will be the Saxx Quest.

Toiletries: usually a half roll of toilet paper and some wipes.

Since we’re all over-sharing here- shaving makes clean up a breeze and cuts your tp use in half. Just gotta time the shaving right, as there’s a few days after shaving where the stubble can be irritating.

I’m check REI out, maybe today We’re not necessarily oversharing, we’re being open and caring for the fellow man. It’s what Merica is about

I will roll one pair for a week no problem. Doesn't mean I can't give them a good washing in a creek every few days. Also the boys get a washing too. Depending on the hunt I might even pack in an ounce of laundry detergent and do some laundry in a dry bag I use for food. Very small weight penalty for a mid week morale boost.

Spoonman

WKR
I get swamp ass to the 10th power under any weather conditions. I just run hot and sweat like crazy even when I just sit there in a warm day. That being said I take 2 underwear, a roll of tp and wet wipes that I keep wet. I’ve tried using dried out wet wipes but I think you might as well just use tp at that point. I also wash my underwear every couple days and let them hang dry if weather permits.

I’m check REI out, maybe today We’re not necessarily oversharing, we’re being open and caring for the fellow man. It’s what Merica is about

Merica!
Proceed with caution on the new rei underwear. Worth trying at $20-ish price I guess, but the reviews on the new ones aren’t so great. The older ones(with the stripe on the waistband) were made with what I believe was the same material as their Sahara T shirts. The fabric on the new ones is definitely different.
My comparison to the Ex officios were the 1st gen ex officios, haven’t tried the new 2.0 versions. They look pretty good too.

chasewild

WKR
I’m pretty much the same as you, but I only bring one extra pair of underwear (usually Exofficio), and I often times only wear one pair. I’ve always only brought toilet paper, or paper towels for wipes, but on my last couple hunts I’ve been taking a designated amount of wet wipes and I’m really liking the upgrade. Okay, so having said that, there’s a couple guys on the cheap gear thread, that have been bragging up the portable bidet, and I gotta say that, I’m curious. My only hangup is that, I don’t know if I want to spend that much time focusing on my ass when I’m on a hunt. I’ve never had any issues, so I don’t know if it’s worth the extra trouble, but I also think that, sometimes a person really doesn’t know how much they’re missing out, until somebody tells them about how much they are missing out.

I've used a soft flask on bigger (20-30mi) runs. Works magic. First time I tried it, I was like "holy sh*t, that was money."

But longer hunts, dehydrated wet wipes.

OP
Rhino

Rhino

FNG
I've used a soft flask on bigger (20-30mi) runs. Works magic. First time I tried it, I was like "holy sh*t, that was money."

But longer hunts, dehydrated wet wipes.

Soft flask as a bidet?

Moserkr

WKR
Bidets are a real thing in the backcountry I guess

I thought people were joking lol. Not sure I want to hunt with the dude spraying butt water all over his clothes and boots for 10 days. I actually wish at this point I didnt even have to imagine what ive now read. What happened to just bathing in a creek when it gets that bad??

Next post in the “creepy forest stories” thread: Stumbled across a camp and a bunch of guys using bidets while elk hunting....

PNWGATOR

WKR
Wonder if there is a clip on attachment for a 3L Platypus zip top bladder? Disconnect the bite valve...plug in the cleansing nozzle.

Wonder if there is a clip on attachment for a 3L Platypus zip top bladder? Disconnect the bite valve...plug in the cleansing nozzle.

Sounds like you might be onto the next multi million dollar invention, although you probably shouldn’t have posted it here first.

Bidets are a real thing in the backcountry I guess

163d0d6d6ff53a712d26f5075db66662.jpg

T28w

WKR
I bet the first time u spray cold water on your a$$hole u start to wonder were people serious or did u fall for some prank. It just seems like a really weird thing to do in the woods.