Underwear- What, how many, how many days.... TP, Handi Wipes or Paper Towels....

Moserkr

WKR
I bet the first time u spray cold water on your a$$hole u start to wonder were people serious or did u fall for some prank. It just seems like a really weird thing to do in the woods.
You dont jetboil your bidet water first?!? How primitive...

I bet the first time u spray cold water on your a$$hole u start to wonder were people serious or did u fall for some prank. It just seems like a really weird thing to do in the woods.

Why would you say that was weird? Seems perfectly normal to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttucci16

Lil-Rokslider
My first backcountry trip I only brought one pair of merino briefs (Thinking i was saving weight..stupid) and i had a mountain house fart the second morning that ended up in me having to bury my drawers and base layers. (Almost had to get rid of my boots after) Had to hike out 3.5 miles (My hunting partner has never hiked so fast in front me in his life), then drive 2.5 hours to a Walmart. It's rather awkward being rung up with a pair of pants, underwear, socks, butt wipes, and butt powder. Since then i always have a backup on me. This past deer season i usually got to about day 3 before i started to get monkey butt. Between deer and elk season i had a buddy tell me to get some Prep H wet wipes, and holy cow what a game changer. It's like mother nature blowing little kisses on your back side. I bring a whole role of the best TP i can find for a 10 day trip. After every squat session, it's a Prep H wipe, then dry, then spray some dove anti persperant on the cheeks. Hasn't failed me yet and ever since that first trip i'm a firm believer in doubling up on anything that you can possibly ruin if a mountain house fart happens.

Last edited:

Smallie

Lil-Rokslider
I bring 2 pairs of black ovis merino briefs. I use these cellulose based “pills” that when you add a couple drops of water expand to the size of a large napkin. They fit perfectly into the orange water proof match cases when dry and I pack 2-3 of them into the backcountry (roughly 8 per case). Environmentally friendly since they break down with rain and easier to keep dry than regular TP

Rick M.

WKR
I’m check REI out, maybe today We’re not necessarily oversharing, we’re being open and caring for the fellow man. It’s what Merica is about

100% agree. I tend to shave every here and there (I don't stay on top of it because it's too much upkeep and my wife doesn't mind my grizz butt). I also notice much better wipes after shaving. It makes sense, it's like wiping dog poo from a tile floor compared to wiping it from shag carpeting.

Rick M.

WKR
I thought people were joking lol. Not sure I want to hunt with the dude spraying butt water all over his clothes and boots for 10 days. I actually wish at this point I didnt even have to imagine what ive now read. What happened to just bathing in a creek when it gets that bad??

Next post in the “creepy forest stories” thread: Stumbled across a camp and a bunch of guys using bidets while elk hunting....

Practice makes perfect!

Rick M.

WKR
Also, on the underwear front - if you're going multi-day on some drawers, I'd highly recommend against synthetic. You'll smell like you hooked up with a homeless heroin addict during a Miami summer.

I have been loving the Blacksheep line from Saxx. They are pricey, but man are they comfy. They are also Merino wool so they seriously don't get funky.

Rick M.

WKR
Oh, and for you guys considering what to use with it. I'm thinking of buying one of those Katadyn soft squeeze bladders and marking it with a brown permanent marker so It's specifically for my ass. That way I can keep it rolled up and packed away with the Culo Clean until the need for it arises. That give me a 1 liter bladder for cleaning up.

OP
Rhino

Rhino

FNG
100% agree. I tend to shave every here and there (I don't stay on top of it because it's too much upkeep and my wife doesn't mind my grizz butt). I also notice much better wipes after shaving. It makes sense, it's like wiping dog poo from a tile floor compared to wiping it from shag carpeting.

Maverick1

WKR
For a 7 day hunt: wearing one pair, have one pair 'extra': sometimes the extra pair get put on, sometimes not. (If it rains and they get wet, the extra pair gets brought out and put on. If it is really hot and sweaty, the extra pair gets put on. But, sure, they're have been hunts where the extra pair is not put on.)

No wipes.

Know your TP habits and be able to calculate your required number of squares! It is a simple formula:
(x number of squares per squatting session) * (y squatting sessions per day) = total number of squares needed per day.

Multiply by your total number of squares needed per day by your individual FS (factor of safety) if you are heavy into Mountain House or MRE!

Best of luck!

Rick M.

WKR
My first backcountry trip I only brought one pair of merino briefs (Thinking i was saving weight..stupid) and i had a mountain house fart the second morning that ended up in me having to bury my drawers and base layers. (Almost had to get rid of my boots after) Had to hike out 3.5 miles (My hunting partner has never hiked so fast in front me in his life), then drive 2.5 hours to a Walmart. It's rather awkward being rung up with a pair of pants, underwear, socks, butt wipes, and butt powder. Since then i always have a backup on me. This past deer season i usually got to about day 3 before i started to get monkey butt. Between deer and elk season i had a buddy tell me to get some Prep H wet wipes, and holy cow what a game changer. It's like mother nature blowing little kisses on your back side. I bring a whole role of the best TP i can find for a 10 day trip. After every squat season it's a Prep H wipe, then dry, then spray some dove anti persperant on the cheeks. Hasn't failed me yet and ever since that first trip i'm a firm believer in doubling up on anything that you can possibly ruin if a mountain house fart happens.

LOL

That mountain house 'fart' sounds more like a full on liquid shart if it almost cost you your boots. I've had Clif bars produce some untrustworthy farts, but thankfully never any accidental discharges.